The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 E 350 7.3 power stroke to make a long story short I am getting oil pressure at 5000 it’s pegging the gauge I don’t stay on it going to blow something up eventually I have some sort of short I have traced all wires everything is where it should be I don’t have a scan tool I don’t mind buying but only if it will really help my programmer gives me codes anyone with any input I would love to have I have looked tested this and that it’s getting battery voltage one side and the other Is the same as right now just tested new remain PCM new batteries new IPRand the ICP also to much to keep going have done a lot to have it set please help

·
Super Moderator
25,597 Posts
You likely have a short to ground on the IPR wire that goes to the PCM. Should be the yellow/red wire coming off the IPR. Unplug the connector and check with a multimeter with the key off. If it's grounded, you'll see a zero ohm reading. To be totally sure, you could disconnect the wiring harness at the PCM also.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You likely have a short to ground on the IPR wire that goes to the PCM. Should be the yellow/red wire coming off the IPR. Unplug the connector and check with a multimeter with the key off. If it's grounded, you'll see a zero ohm reading. To be totally sure, you could disconnect the wiring harness at the PCM also.
[

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I unhooked it and the wire reads 0 it’s not hard to get at I have done a little work on this one but this problem started when I accidentally hit the shielded ground from injectors on the glow plug relay and shorted my pcm I hah the pcm fixed but I can’t seem to find the problem with my hpop any ideas would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
25,597 Posts
That shorted wire IS the problem with your HPOP. With that wire grounded, the IPR closes completely forcing the HPOP to full pressure. The PCM and ICP can't control it. If you keep running it like that, you'll burn up the coil on your IPR.

Track down why that wire is grounded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts