The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Nice I would like to see if this is why my truck noses over at 28-3000 rpms gotta be the tired stock HPOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can also rig up a mechanical fluid filled guage and mount it to the cowl. or just zip tie it to the windshield wiper temporarily.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you get a new ICP sensor it is shaped different than the original ones. The old ones use a 5/8" wrench and the new one takes an inch and something.

-Michael

·
Registered
41 Posts
Michael has it, thats what the mechanis told me, the socket head was bigger. I just got off the phone with Autometer about HPOP gauges for the 7.3. They said if you get a fuel pressure gauge 0-100 psi that has a range of .5 volt to 4.5 volt(100psi) you can use that with a ICP sensor. This is my question though, the Ford sensor does it go up like uhh x=y, such as 1 volt equals 500 PSI, therefore 2 volts equal 1000psi? The Autometer guy I spoke too said as long as the Ford sensor does that you can use the Autometer gauge and multiply the numbers by 4. Checking the net I found out the range of the ICP sensor is 0 volt to 5.1 volts. Having exact #'s I understand for diagnostics, I wouldnt mind using just a full sweep gauge so you know when your head rails are starving for oil, kinda like the stock gauges in the truck red area for hot water temp or low oil pressure.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Actually you have to multiply by 40, so you get the extra 0 on the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here is Kainers video of his fuel press gauge hooked up as a HPOP guage. It kinda messes with my head watching a fuel press guage act like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

-Michael

·
Registered
711 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice I would like to see if this is why my truck noses over at 28-3000 rpms gotta be the tired stock HPOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can also rig up a mechanical fluid filled guage and mount it to the cowl. or just zip tie it to the windshield wiper temporarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I will just put on the 17*HPOP I aquired and call it good till I get the rest of the Doe for big oil.

·
Registered
322 Posts
We are working on it! Unfortunately we are at the mercy of our component suppliers, and several have not delivered on time. If I can believe the latest promised dates (of which I am a bit skeptical), we should be shipping production units by the end of August.

The comments about the "new" ICP sensor are correct. The new design superseded the old design, and is supposed to be more durable. IIRC, the new one is very similar in appearance to the one used on the 6.0L.

The only really good news in all this is that I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, I was pleased to see that my 250k mile HPOP still puts out fine, at least with my stock injectors.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
We will have them in stock once they are avaiable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah David I'm on your List too remember /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif..I wish they would finish their 100 psi electric fuel pressure gauge also.

Tim

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hopefully they will be available in the EV series with black face & red pointer. I am up to 8 gauges and the HPOP would be 9 (trying to catch up to CSIPSD) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully they will be available in the EV series with black face & red pointer. I am up to 8 gauges and the HPOP would be 9 (trying to catch up to CSIPSD) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I will Max out at 16 gauges... unless I start drilling holes in the dash more... Fuel pressure gauge is there too, works great!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
[quoteI will Max out at 16 gauges... unless I start drilling holes in the dash more... Fuel pressure gauge is there too, works great!

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have the clock and hour meter?

I second the black face & red pointer.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[quoteI will Max out at 16 gauges... unless I start drilling holes in the dash more... Fuel pressure gauge is there too, works great!

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have the clock and hour meter?

I second the black face & red pointer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hour meter is under the hood, and clock is in the radio... Dont need worthless gauges...LOL

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Is there a discount for us local Oregonians? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a discount for us local Oregonians? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you take your Autometers and smash them into little pieces and ship them back to autometer and ask for the warranty dept... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you take your Autometers and smash them into little pieces and ship them back to autometer and ask for the warranty dept... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any autometers Joe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bleh.gif

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I would say dieselmanor... He has the best put together kits and the best directions I have ever worked with...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Spoke to Autometer two days ago. Got a hold of their sales dept and told them about the HPOP gauge and how it can be hooked up to a ICP sensor or routed inlink with the ECU one. They had heard of people asking for them and said their fuel pressure gauge 0-100 PS does have the same 0-5 volt sweep. I always liked my Auto Meter Ultra Lights, but if ISSPRO makes one and sells it on the market, I might have too purchase it, put it on my steering collum.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts