The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have small amounts of oil seeping from the large cap and it collects in the valley. Is this replaceable and replace the entire hpop?

·
Super Moderator
25,864 Posts
If you look closer, you'll probably find it's coming from the hex plug on the rear of the HPOP. Clean things well and check again. That plug has an o-ring seal that's easily replaceable. The large cap leaks a lot less often than the smaller plugs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you look closer, you'll probably find it's coming from the hex plug on the rear of the HPOP. Clean things well and check again. That plug has an o-ring seal that's easily replaceable. The large cap leaks a lot less often than the smaller plugs.
It's not the hex plug, it's the large cover that is leaking.

·
Premium Member
9,204 Posts
A picture would help a lot.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That can be replaced. There's an o-ring behind the back cover. It can be done in the truck, but it's a pain. Best to pull the pump and do it on a work bench.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That can be replaced. There's an o-ring behind the back cover. It can be done in the truck, but it's a pain. Best to pull the pump and do it on a work bench.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Got it. Is there a kit?

·
Super Moderator
25,864 Posts
It's not the hex plug, it's the large cover that is leaking.
Your pictures do show oil on the bottom of the large cover (can't tell on the hex plug photo - too fuzzy), but the large cover is BELOW the hex plug, and gravity still works, the last time I checked. It doesn't look like you've cleaned it up recently to be sure where the oil is coming from. If you haven't done that, you don't really know the source of the oil.
My 2 cents is that if you replace the o-ring on the hex plug, and clean it up, the oil on the large cover won't come back. It's a lot cheaper and easier too than trying to replace the o-ring(s) (I think there are two of them) on the large cover, and can't hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts