The Diesel Stop banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Since a pic is worth some number of words, here is a pic of CNC's hpop lines installed on my nicely painted rebuilt motor which I'll be putting in soon.

Also, I agree with Dieselnick on CNC's customer service excellence. I also bought CNC's stainless fuel line kit which got damaged by the PO transit, and I received a phone call from Corey apologizing for the problem and a quick replacement, which I definitely appreciated.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Like I said....I meant no offense but it seems you didn't notice that I wrote that TWICE in capitol letters. In rereading your post I see it may have simply been the misspelling of a word or two that threw my understanding of a few sentences off. Usually it's easy to understand the misspelled word in the context of the sentence but for some reason I didn't get it the other night. Today I see it. If you really are offended when someone posts a comment and TWICE explains he truly means no disrespect or offense by his question, Maybe the internet is not a good place for you.
I do appreciate your time and effort to answer my questions but I have no interest in offending anyone here and do not think my inquiry about the post I didn't understand a few sentences of rises to the level of offending someone. So if you really are offended, that's on you friend. The word , by the way is FLOW not GLOW, and I certainly should have been able to figure that out. It was late & I was very tired so what can I say. I also appreciate your looking out for my best interest in not wasting my time and fuel money & waiting in some long line to have a couple of hoses made up. I'm pretty sure the specifications for these hose's is not rocket science. I know they have high (relative) pressure ratings. I see they require one straight & one 90 degree end. I also see there is apparently the need for 4 screw in fittings (I call them nipples though that is most likely the wrong name). I also gather from the information I have gleaned form this thread that there is STILL a requirement for an O-ring on those 4 (nipple fittings) into the HPOP & Heads. These o-rings must also be of an ability to withstand the high pressure & temperatures. I am quite certain my local hydraulic shop will be knowledgeable enough of such things to be able to advise me. (NOT NAPA). I also note that the hose's I was referring to are indeed just the TWO hoses. I see there is also a kit with the crossover hose so obviously there are THREE in that kit and the price reflects that...$160 instead of $120 for just the replacement supply lines. While I am not the brightest bulb in the string of lights, I don't think I am stupid either. And when I go to a SHOP that makes hydraulic hose's and tell them what I am doing and give them some of the pertinent specifications (such as...total length, direction of end fittings, burst pressures required...) I feel anyone that's in that business should certainly be able to advise me should I happen to miss something not covered here. (NOT NAPA).
Having said ALL THAT....I still think you might be correct about just ordering them from CNC and being done with it. But since I have not priced a (short) hose and the accompanying fittings I really cannot be sure to place my order. And it's worth mentioning that when you do stuff like this YOURSELF you tend to learn quite a bit along the way. That has some value to it as well.
P.S. SuperDutyTrooper.....That IS one SLICK looking set up ya got there!
Hope writing that didn't offend you.....LOL
Guess my next step is to stop by my local diesel shop and see if they will take a minute out of their busy day to tell me if they can make up the hose fittings and supply the other parts I will need and what they will cost me. Then I guess I could start to research exactly what the (nipples) thread size and type is. I don't see anyone here telling me since I have obviously alienated a SENIOR MEMBER in good standing by simply inquiring as to weather English was his first or second language. Even though NO OFFENSE was meant and it seems writing that out still doesn't seem to be of any value. This internet is a rough & wild west frontier. But my post in comparison to 90% of other stuff I have read out here was about as mild mannered & polite as I could possibly make it sooooooooo........ DDT

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
a good saying I use sometimes is if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

you should be able to find the sizes of the fittings.

While its nice to do things yourself, we are also here to support vendors who come up with good products that are cheaper than oem parts.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I absolutely agree. And if I thought what I wrote was going to be a BIG INSULT I wouldn't have written it! I also say sometimes people need a little bit thicker skin. This is ludicrous & I am done with it. I made my last post addressing the issue and I think I explained myself clear enough. Hope nobody is holding their breath waiting for an apology. I don't feel one is needed for my post. I would MUCH RATHER get back to the business of education of the HPOP lines and any related comments people might want to add to the thread with their questions or providing information.
I also understand the desire to support the vendors here. But I also try to see what deals are worth the money (to support) and what offerings are overpriced.
Just to be absolutely CLEAR....I did NOT say CNC's line kits were overpriced! Do I need to write that again in bold letters? Yes they look like great lines. Yes I am sure they have great customer support. Lets be clear though....If I find I can have 2 (similar) lines & fittings made up for, Oh let's just say 1/2 the price....I probably will do so.
No, I have NOT priced line of this nature of late. As I said in above post....It (probably) is worth it to just get them from CNC & avoid all the potential hassles. Guess it depends on your mood a particular day.
P.S. I am POOR!!!!!!! So I have to consider these things. I don't have lots of extra cash buried in jars in the yard to (support vendors) or anyone else. I have enough of a time just supporting ME! That's why all the questions & deciding if I should go spend time shopping around. I do have free time so it costs me little to make a few inquires.
THEN, I will probably be ordering from CNC!!! LOL
I like that you think "I should be able to find the size of the fittings" . But I don't think any of your Senior Members or MarylandDieselNick will be telling me what size they are.... See....That's meant to be funny but it probably doesn't come off that way in text. That's why you need to have the thicker skin on the web. Not everything is as it sounds to be. DDT

·
Premium Member
8,006 Posts
I can understand being on a tight budget and was why I was pointing out that it can be more expensive doing things a certain way.
I felt I gave a brutally honest opinion of CNC including that in one case he was not the cheapest and did not nessasarily want the cheapest guy. I sometimes use the saying," good labor ain't cheap and cheap labor ain't good".
I also said that I don't feel those hoses are for every customer and explained why.
So, I personally am not sandbagging info from you so you are forced to buy CNC. If I was like that I would not have even mention the two factors I mentioned above.
Have a tried a site search in search bar for fitting sizes. If you do and see ORB means oring boss.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm glad your still talking to me MarylandDieselNick.
I had just posted another long post but will try to just keep with questions & answers and not to get to personal about anything. I was wondering why Ford (or would it be Internationals decision) choose to go with aluminum for the HPOP unit. Wouldn't steel have been (better)? It seems like it would have eliminated the issue you stated previously about the factory line workers not properly installing or torquing the fittings into the HPOP and the resulting warranty service issues. I'm sure there is a reason for the materials choice even if it's just money or weight.
The other thing I think I got a bit messed up on was some of the designations used by
(you guys in the business). JIS or JIC standard. When I first googled & Wikipedia'ed it I was getting (Japanese Industrial Standards). Then there is JIC that seems to stand for more American industry or "(Joint Industry Council)". Then the more you read the more complicated it gets between the different flared angles and the thread pitch measurements... Since I am not in the hydraulic fittings business & I really don't know how much time I want to spend studying it (because if you are not doing this stuff every day you tend to forget all that good information you read about all the different specs.) and you end up as clueless a few weeks or months down the line as you were before you read about it. In looking once more quickly on the web I see it's a fairly popular question about 37 degree (AN/aircraft fittings) vs. 45 degree and also some other in between 32 degree and other British old war days improvised fittings/angles and that some of them can be close enough to make you thing they match when they really don't! Looks like it's time to do some reading because it don't look like there are any short/quick answers to this one.
I want to add I also appreciate YOUR input hucorey and that it appears you are CNC Fabrications. Is that correct? Your obviously (one of the guys in the know) about all this JIC, JIS and all the other technicalities that go along with these high pressure hydraulic fittings and thread & angle things. So off to read some on this subject so I might hopefully be able to retain the knowledge for more than a few weeks... LOL

·
Premium Member
8,006 Posts
Yes I'm still talking to you, I was not upset, merely pointing things out.
No you don't want army navy or British. You want an oring bossed fitting. I'm not sure the size.
Most all swashplate plates used to be cast iron bodied. In the late 80s some manufacturers started using aluminum to save money and weight.
You just use loktite on the threads on fitting threads going into head.

·
Registered
186 Posts
To buy the fittings and sections of hose I use you will likely pay in the neighborhood of $90-100. I have a very large commercial/industrial account with Eaton/Aeroquip. The cost of the machine to crimp these fittings is between $4500-$8000 pending on how many bells/whistles you want with the machine.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
i said you should be able to find the sizes because corey has talked about them in past threads. i personally dont know the sizes, and you can either ask him for the size or search yourself.

thanks corey for clearing up the cost breakdown.

·
Premium Member
8,006 Posts
Nice! I bet you flew Blue in and turbocharged your baby. You did ,didn't you? That is how you can sell such a nice kit for such a reasonable price.
I do not know the sizes. I bring my stuff in, slap it down on counter, go throw some dice in the dark alley outback, burn one, go back inside, pay dearly, take abuse for having a pretty truck and roll out.
Sure wish I could buy quality premades for all of my jobs at reasonable prices because of that, but I must say, I have picked up some serious coin in that alley.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just want to apologize for some of the STUPID comments & posts I made in this thread. Especially to
Maryland Diesel Nick & hucory (of CNC). Just signed in after quite some time & with new knowledge of ORB fittings into HPOP & JIC fittings. Looking back now at the questions I wrote I sound SO IGNORANT on the subject! As well as a level of what I perceive in reading my posts today as Dispespect to the above mentioned guy's. Please accept my humble apology sir(s)....... Tom

21 - 32 of 32 Posts