The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Ford F250 4WD just turned 46,000 miles. Both front hub/bearing assemblies bad. Driver side axle slight amount of play. Passenger side growling and axle play.

Anybody know if hub/bearing assembly is covered under the Ford factory 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty or Ford's ESP Warranty?

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
all i can suggest is call the service department at one or more dealers. their warranty payroll department all has different policies. i worked at a dealer for 13 years.

to answer your question, no it will not be covered under powertrain.
but you can probably get it covered. I just got a 15 year old seatbelt covered under warranty and my truck has 420k

good luck

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
What ESP do you have? If it is the Premium ESP, then yes it will be covered.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hub/Bearing Assembly Warranty Coverage

What ESP do you have? If it is the Premium ESP, then yes it will be covered.
Yes. Truck is covered under Ford's ESP Premium Care Warranty.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Those Ford Hubs are $500 a piece, $1000 a par just for parts.

Mine went out at 100,000 on my 2011 truck and I found some after market replacement parts, But they were still around $600 for parts.

It was a couple of hours to pull the old ones off and replace them

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
2013 Ford F250 4WD just turned 46,000 miles. Both front hub/bearing assemblies bad. Driver side axle slight amount of play. Passenger side growling and axle play.

Anybody know if hub/bearing assembly is covered under the Ford factory 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty or Ford's ESP Warranty?...
Hi Fitnessman,

Your dealership's service manager will be in the best position to determine if a repair can be made under your warranty or ESP. Do you plan on heading in to the dealer soon? Once they've diagnosed your truck, I'll be able to jump in and help, if needed.

Crystal

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hub/Bearing Assembly Warranty Coverage

Hi Fitnessman,

Your dealership's service manager will be in the best position to determine if a repair can be made under your warranty or ESP. Do you plan on heading in to the dealer soon? Once they've diagnosed your truck, I'll be able to jump in and help, if needed.

Crystal
Took truck to dealer. Diesel tech and myself went for ride in truck and confirmed growling noise coming from front of truck. Left truck with dealer for the day. Went to pickup truck and they found no issues with front of truck. Dealership said noise coming from tires. Tires are the original factory Michelins. Tires rotated every 5k miles. Tread pattern is even and plenty of remaining tire tread depth. Dealership recommended new Michelin tires at the tune of $1,214.00. Paid dealership the $135.00 diagnosis.

Not totally convinced of tires being culprit of noise, took truck to independent garage for second opinion. Diagnosis was bad right front hub/bearing assembly. Hub/Bearing assembly replaced noise is gone. Left front hub/bearing assembly going bad so replaced that one too.

I did bring the matter of hubs being replaced to the attention of the dealership. Dealership refunded me the $135.00.

·
Super Moderator
26,497 Posts
Dealership refunded me the $135.00.
Well, that was big of them (NOT). Although they could have just blown you off completely. They should have done a correct diagnosis in the first place and replaced at least the one confirmed bad one for you under the warranty. That dealer would get a
from me.

Maybe Crystal can intervene for you and get them to cough up some more of your out of pocket costs.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
...I did bring the matter of hubs being replaced to the attention of the dealership. Dealership refunded me the $135.00.
Thanks for following up, Fitnessman. I can document your feedback about this so it'll be available for internal review. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any details about the experience you'd like me to include. I'll make sure it gets entered.

Crystal

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Just once, for crying out loud I would like to see a vehicle owner open up their glove box and take out the owner and warranty guides in that handy black case Ford provides you with and look at the information inside of it. Allow me.

From pages 9 and 10 of the 2013 Model Year Ford Warranty Guide

(1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The extended coverage applies to
the Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads, electrical fuel pump, electronic engine control unit, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, thermostat, thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt),
turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump;

Transmission: all internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque converter, transfer case (including all internal parts), transmission case, transmission mounts;

Front-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings(front and rear), center support bearing, drive shafts, final drive housing (including all internal parts), hubs-automatic front locking (four-wheel drive), locking rings (four-wheel drive), seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints;

Rear-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, propeller shafts, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Odd how this topic came up. Been noticing a slight growl for the last few weeks. Thinking maybe a tire, I had them rotated, and while on the hoist, asked the tech to spin the front wheels to see if they noticed anything. Sure enough, right front hub going bad. Getting repaired next week. FWIW, I did check my warranty, but knew I was outside it at 98K miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts