The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed a hydroboost unit off a E 450 into a 2002 E350 with 7.3? I've had 2 pumps go out over the years at the most inopportune times (not like there is ever a good time to lose your brakes). In the modern world the brakes on our vans suck. If you convert to 4x4 or finish the interior (I e camper van/add weight) the brakes are even worse.

I know it's been done, hoping to find more info here.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
(FMTRVT) recommended Hawk pads for braking, because I agree about poor stopping . Quote from Jack," The vans have a totally different brake manufacturer then the pickups. The sizing is relatively the same. The Hawk LTS pads are still what I would recommend."
The Hawks on the front did make a noticeable difference, and when rears are needed, I will see if they are available. I do wish Hawk would make the shoes for the in-hat parking brakes, so to have some kind of backup in case of main system failure while driving. Back in the day, around the Ft Lauderdale area, there used to be about three shops that could make up anything you want for shoes. Last I checked, they were all gone. I even was able to have my 1952 Plymouth brake-band over drive shaft e-brake re-lined, back when.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts