The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I haven’t had an issue in a while, but all of the sudden I’m getting hyper flash in my left and right turn signals. I had installed LED bulbs originally and used them along with Load Resistors for a year with no issues. Then, suddenly the right side started hyper flashing followed by the left hyper flashing a few days later. My side mirrors and rear turn signals still flash, but they are hyper. The front bulbs don’t flash at all. I removed all of the LED components and reinstalled the factory bulbs and there is still no flash in the front. I am aware that there is no “flasher” in these trucks, but where should I start to track down the issue. I’ve tested the turn signal fuses and they are good. The rear turn signals work also, so not likely a fuse. I’m at a loss where to start.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
The lights are module controlled, still uses a fuse but the module can sense overloading or open circuits and disable the circuits. Performing a self test and retrieving codes from the BCM would be helpful. The front turn signals use different ground circuits so that is not likely the cause. Does the truck have a plow with plow lighting? I have seen plow light control modules fail more than once.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info, thanks. My internet research has lead me to the idea of unplugging the batteries to perform a BCM reset. I have a scanner that can pull codes so I will try that first. Does anyone have an opinion regarding the BCM reset?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I scanned the truck and it shows no DTC codes. I reset the codes anyway and sure enough, the front turn signals work like a charm again. Thanks for trying to help, hopefully this helps someone in the future.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts