The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my hypertech laying around for quite a while so i just put it on ebay. Im almost positive that it can be used on another truck after I used it but i just wanted to make sure. So am i right?

-Scott

· Registered
28 Posts
yep as long as you took the programming out of your own truck. hypertech makes a diffent chip for 99-00 and 01-03 so make sure you say what year it is for.

· Registered
322 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I have had my hypertech laying around for quite a while so i just put it on ebay. Im almost positive that it can be used on another truck after I used it but i just wanted to make sure. So am i right?

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you selling it? Is the DP that much better?

I've been reading this forum for a number of years, and I still don't know if a flip chip or programmer is better?

Seems like the flip is the best hands down.. Why would I want to pull over to change a setting? Flip on the fly.. watch EGT's go down...

What am I missing?

Musclford /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

· Registered
28 Posts
ive had the hypertech programmer and now the dp chip. the dp has a bit more power and my speedo and mpg guage is much more accurate. i like the shift on the fly power levels it saves time. but i did get slightly better mpg with the hypertech and the dp seems a bit harder on my tranny. just my .02

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
ive had the hypertech programmer and now the dp chip. the dp has a bit more power and my speedo and mpg guage is much more accurate. i like the shift on the fly power levels it saves time. but i did get slightly better mpg with the hypertech and the dp seems a bit harder on my tranny. just my .02

[/ QUOTE ] agreed on it being hard on the tranny. Sometimes i wish i had the hypertech program on my chip because it was so nice for easy driving. Its a very good product

· Registered
890 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] agreed on it being hard on the tranny. Sometimes i wish i had the hypertech program on my chip because it was so nice for easy driving. Its a very good product

[/ QUOTE ]my friend has the hyper teck and my truck kills his. his highest setting(i guess i dont know anything about hypertech)gets murdered by my 80eco. its hard on the tranny if u stomp on the pedal. i think it shifts better when i baby it. jmho.

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]my friend has the hyper teck and my truck kills his. his highest setting(i guess i dont know anything about hypertech)gets murdered by my 80eco. its hard on the tranny if u stomp on the pedal. i think it shifts better when i baby it. jmho.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh I definitely love the DP way more than the Hypertech, but just for some safe extra juice for someone that doesn't want a ton of extra power it is very good for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.