The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 F350 Super Duty 4x4 dually with a 7.3 liter diesel and was changing out the four marker lights on the rear fenders with new LED lights. While changing out the fourth and last marker light, I turned the lights on to check the connection and the light came on. Without turning the lights off, I crimped the connections and taped them up. That's when I noticed that all four marker lights had went out. All the other lights inside and out worked fine. I checked the fusebox and found no blown fuses. So for general purposes, I changed out all the fuses with brand new ones under the dash. A little while later I noticed that I had no power windows, tail lights, map lights, glove box light, and under Hood light. I replaced the power window fuse but still no power windows. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your help! JUKEBOX65

· Administrator
25,072 Posts
You probably broke the connection to the marker lights when crimping.
As far as the fuse changes, you obviously messed something up.

Moving to general questions

· Registered
2,548 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me when I installed an LED tail light. It took me a long while before I figured out the problem. The problem is that the LED light bulb draws less watts than the regular incandescent bulb, which tricks the computer into thinking that there must be something wrong with the wiring somewhere, and does all sorts of crazy unpredictable things as a result. The only possible solution: remove the LED light bulb, and replace it with the old style incandescent light bulb. When I finally did that, all problems were instantly solved, and never had another electrical problem of any kind since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.