The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • My 1994 F350 7.3 turbo XLT has a fuel leak that is very significant it drops from driver rear of engine and transmission when the motor is running and fuel is warm that drips any suggestions how can I locate or pin point the leak and how to fix it

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
There are fuel rail plugs at the end of each head. Your leak is on the outer part of the motor? Not dripping into the valley? There are very few places that could be happening. The rail plug is one. The lines from the tank are another, but only the return line would be warm at all.

You can see the fuel rail end plugs from underneath the truck. I would suggest getting a good flashlight and maybe a few white paper towels and get under there and probe around. Here's a link to the o-rings for the end rail (banjo bolts) for your truck - #15-018 Fuel End Plug / Banjo Bolt o-rings - Engine O-rings and Gaskets - 1994-1998 Ford 7.3L

·
Super Moderator
6,333 Posts
In 1994 there were two different diesel engines offered.

7.3 Indirect Diesel Injected (IDI) turbo which is not a power stroke engine was offered with manual and automatic transmission. This engine has external fuel lines going to injector nozzles at each cylinder that you can see.

The 7.3 Direct Injected (DI) turbo is the Power Stroke and was only offered with a manual transmission in 1994.

Both were badged TURBODIESEL in 1994, the PowerStroke badging did not show up until 1995.

If the 8th digit of your VIN number is F your truck was built with a Direct Injected 7.3 PowerStroke engine.

If the 8th digit of your VIN number is K your truck was built with an indirect injected 7.3, not a PowerStroke.

It would help to be sure which engine you have in your truck.

Dave / Believer45

1 - 4 of 4 Posts