The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been saying the tranny learning is a bunch of BS. Well today I drove the White EX with the TS box for about 2 hours stuck in very slow Boca Raton traffic. Finally after driving around town driving about 20-30 mph max and shifting like my passed away grandmother, I put it to the boards and my great shifting TS box is falling flat on its face at the 2-3 shift and the 3-4 shift with a bunch of defueling. Now I'm wondering what is up? So I start driving like my old self, (wishing I was back in the F-4 again) and low and behold Dennis (remember Dennis from TS) some how through the secret ONSTAR sends a magic signal and after about a half hour of driving nuts again the TS box is shifting firm again and not defueling. On the same subject I've also noticed that spinning the tires when it is wet also sends confusion to the transmission and the TS box. I don't know if it was Dennis or someone else, but someone said "put the box in what ever mode you are going to drive in and leave it there" "don't screw around with different settings constantly, this will confuse the transmission and the other computers". This appears to be a true statement. It would be nice if we could program our tranny computer to the way WE want it and not have it getting it's own ideas!!!!

BTW the Roofeditor VS QUAD issue is over. I will not comment further on that issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts