The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 1997 F250 diesel and my heater stopped working, also the charging port under the climate control stopped working too.. I checked fuse, it’s good, so my next guess is the blower… but honestly, I have no idea and was would y’all could help me out with ideas and maybe some YouTube’s to try and fix it
Thank you

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
Welcome!

First, does the blower work at all? If it doesn't that's one thing. Make sure you checked underdash fuse #1. Then, does any heat come out the vents with the temperature control knob turned all the was HOT and control knob on VENT (you should get heat and airflow when driving even with no blower)? Cigar Lighter (in the ashtray) is on underdash fuse #16 and the Auxilliary Power Port is on underdash fuse #9. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

First, does the blower work at all? If it doesn't that's one thing. Make sure you checked underdash fuse #1. Then, does any heat come out the vents with the temperature control knob turned all the was HOT and control knob on VENT (you should get heat and airflow when driving even with no blower)? Cigar Lighter (in the ashtray) is on underdash fuse #16 and the Auxilliary Power Port is on underdash fuse #9. Cheers!
There was zero heat, even when I put it on vent..I checked all fuses, in cab and under hood.. it hasn’t worked for two weeks.. but today, it decided to work.. now I am wondering if I have an electrical issue..

·
Premium Member
9,550 Posts
Does the fan work?

If the fan works but you don't have any heat pop the hood and feel each heater hose once the engine is up to temperature. If they are hot you might have a blend door problem, if they are cool then you might have a air block or your coolant may be low.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
it hasn’t worked for two weeks...
You said that, but that's not what he asked. "Doesn't work" is pretty vague - EXACTLY what isn't working? There's no air moving? The knob won't move to the hot side? You have to be specific & descriptive because we can't see what's happening (or NOT) with your truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The blower for heat/AC I checked all fuses related to the heater/AC. now it’s decided to work.. but no matter what, it wasn’t working at all, so it could happen again.. but for now it’s working

1 - 6 of 6 Posts