The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2000 f250 7.3 zf6 and to say I'm overloaded would be obvious I have upgraded my rear springs to f550s and added Firestone ride rite bags but I got a utility bed welder high on one side a auto crane 3203 on the other big gas compressor cutting torches and tools I weigh somewhere around 12k lol and tires don't lastv3 months I am throwing my money away I got to thinkn this truck I's doing 550 work it probably need tires like I see on my buddies wrecker what would be my best option
Plant Gas Font Tree Headstone

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Your best option would be to get a bigger truck and with that much weight a dual wheel drive.

Other than that I would talk to your local tire dealer, they are the ones in the know and should be able to set you up.

Reactions: ArcticDriver

·
Super Moderator
26,649 Posts
I don't think there's any higher than E load range available. If you have the stock size LT235/85R16 E load range tires, they're rated at just over 3000 lb. Going to LT265/75R16 E load range would get you to just over 3400 lb per tire. But that's still probably not enough for your load.

Like bugman said, you need a bigger truck.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Definitely just upgrading the tires is not going to be enough. You need to upgrade to either F450 or F550 to carry that much weight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
14 ply load range G tires may help:

·
Super Moderator
26,649 Posts
Regardless of whether you can find higher load rated tires, you're likely way over your axle load rating. I bought a truck years ago (1/2 ton that someone carried a huge camper with) that had a sagged axle housing. Overloading is eventually going to damage the truck.
Those G Load range tires are still only rated 3,748 lb.

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
Or split your load onto a trailer that you tow behind you.

Have you ever seen an F550 without Duallies?
Now you know why.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dude, buy a bigger truck. It's not just your tires - think brakes, axles, steering, cooling, frame, etc. etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts