The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2000 f250 7.3 zf6 and to say I'm overloaded would be obvious I have upgraded my rear springs to f550s and added Firestone ride rite bags but I got a utility bed welder high on one side a auto crane 3203 on the other big gas compressor cutting torches and tools I weigh somewhere around 12k lol and tires don't lastv3 months I am throwing my money away I got to thinkn this truck I's doing 550 work it probably need tires like I see on my buddies wrecker what would be my best option
Plant Gas Font Tree Headstone

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Your best option would be to get a bigger truck and with that much weight a dual wheel drive.

Other than that I would talk to your local tire dealer, they are the ones in the know and should be able to set you up.

·
Super Moderator
26,783 Posts
I don't think there's any higher than E load range available. If you have the stock size LT235/85R16 E load range tires, they're rated at just over 3000 lb. Going to LT265/75R16 E load range would get you to just over 3400 lb per tire. But that's still probably not enough for your load.

Like bugman said, you need a bigger truck.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Definitely just upgrading the tires is not going to be enough. You need to upgrade to either F450 or F550 to carry that much weight.

Reactions: Steve83

·
Registered
1 Posts
14 ply load range G tires may help:

·
Super Moderator
26,783 Posts
Regardless of whether you can find higher load rated tires, you're likely way over your axle load rating. I bought a truck years ago (1/2 ton that someone carried a huge camper with) that had a sagged axle housing. Overloading is eventually going to damage the truck.
Those G Load range tires are still only rated 3,748 lb.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Or split your load onto a trailer that you tow behind you.

Have you ever seen an F550 without Duallies?
Now you know why.

Reactions: Steve83

·
Registered
257 Posts
Go with Brute Force's recommendation. If you actually check the data plate on your door post, you will see that you are greatly overloaded (spec is 8800). That's not just bad for the truck, it's dangerous. You would be better off putting your equipment on a trailer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts