The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for everyone that saw my previous threads about my truck dying and having weird ICP and IPR readings/issues I've figured it out. I was about to take out my IPR and clean it over winter break and in my last ditch effort to not have to tear it apart I unplugged the ICP and checked it one last time on a whim. Lo and behold there in the bottom of the sensor was some piece of debris, that I had managed to never see before. I don't know if it was plastic or metal, there was no damage to the sensor so I do not know where it came from, but I blew it out with an air gun and took a chance that it was the problem. Well it's been almost 2 months and almost 2 thousand miles later and I haven't had a single issue since. My thought is that this debris was causing some interference with the ICP signal at random dies causing my truck to die like it was.

I thought I would post this so that anyone else having ICP troubles would know to double check make sure there's nothing down inside their sensor too.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts