The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 idi ats turbo do I have to buy a return line repair kit to fix a leaky line or can I just buy 5/16 fuel line ? Does it have to be high pressure hose or will standard hose work? Is the fuel hose specific to diesel or will standard gas line work ? Any help appreciated

·
Registered
140 Posts
your better off to buy a return line kit from a diesel shop or on line like Pennsacola Diesel it includes the lines (you need), the caps ( you'll probably need cause they usually break trying to replace them) and the o-rings you"ll need cause they usually go bad or start leaking if you bump the caps ( if they've been on a awhile ). the kit typically goes for around $30.00.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Napa also has a return line kit with the newer caps, proper hose and the clamps it was about $100 cdn when I bought it and they had it in the store.

·
Registered
844 Posts
the pensacola kit will leak ina few months, they use cheap hose, the kits i use/provide german made hose that holds up for years. mine have 100k on them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
You need lines rated for Diesel fuel, gas hoses will not work as the diesel will soften and dissolve the hoses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts