The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JForgath, if you're interested, you can always look at how the AIC is installed on my F250 (not 'E', sorry) in person.

I'm in Elizabeth late Wednesday afternoon and most of Saturday (every week) since my large "childen" live just south of Elizabeth on CR 17.

------------------
00 250 SD SC 4x4 PSD auto, Bright Amber
AHSA, USDF, RMDS, USPSA (Life), NRA, EPCSO Volunteer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received my 2000 E-350 PSD last week. I
ordered the Idle Control Module for it.
Sales guy showed it to me. It was still
in the box with installation instructions.
Do the factory/dealers typically make the buyer install it?
Where would I place it inside the cab?
The area around the dash looks pretty tight to fit it in?

------------------
JRF

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Boy, once again the admins are asleep at the wheel. If I were only an administrator, I could move this thread to the appropriate forum, as it clearly has nothing to do with the operation of ford-diesel.com.

Oh well, I'm sure that Smokey, Jason or Shawn will be here shortly to move it...

However, I will try to answer your questions. Yes, the dealers usually make the consumer install it, but since it's only a 5 minute install, you might be able to twist your dealer's arm. Read the instructions that come with it. I'm not sure about van installations, but in the trucks, it only takes one new hole to be drilled (with an angle drill), and uses the two existing lower screws in the ashtray bracket. On the trucks, it installs below the ashtray (Click Here for a photo of the truck installation -- I painted my APCM face to match my interior).

Steve.

------------------
There comes a time in every mans life, and I've had many of them...
'99.5 F350 CC DRW LWB Lariat, APCM, Triple Gauge Pillar, Transfer Flow 50g Aux Tank, Pullrite 25.5K, Turbo Temp Monitor, Stull Grille. Click here to check out my PSD pictures!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Gentlemen

This does belong in a different forum.

I am Putting it in the Upgrades and Aftermarket forum

BTW If any of you ever feel a topic needs to be moved / moderated just click on the various moderators at the top of each forum summary page and e mail us. By clicking that you will get your e mail program to pop up and then sending will send an e mail to [email protected] This will send your e mail to every moderator including the webmaster himself.

Keith Anderson
Ford-Diesel.com

OH yea Come to the Northeast Rally

1 - 5 of 5 Posts