The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still had not seen mine (ordered with truck), so I called the dealer today. It seems that they were having some type of problem with them and are trying to fix them or something....anyway, they are on backorder nationwide until at least the end of the month according to my sources.
If anyone knows any more, please let me know,
RJ

------------------
'00 F350, 4x4,cc,psd,lariat,6sp,3.73ls,trailer,camper,off road,aux idle
cntrl(not Yet!),cd,hitch,prv glass.

·
Registered
372 Posts
rjohnson,
Hate to see you get the runaround. If you ordered idle control with truck, look for (96P) on your vehicle order confirmation sheet or look for it listed on the window sticker. May not have been ordered w/truck.
Also, they have been available out of Dallas Parts Depot the last few weeks because I have rec'd several and shipped out to customers. Got 2 today that were ordered on our weekly stock order placed wednesday morning, 01-05-2000. (part # XL3Z-12B641-AA)
Good luck.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Louder,
Definitely ordered and definitely on the DORA and the Sticker when truck arrived.
Dealer supposedly filed the paperwork for a "misbuild" and here we still sit!
Maybe the ones you have were just inventory that's been sitting there (Dallas). I guess mine has to come from KTP or something. If you know anything about this process please let me know!
RJ

·
Registered
372 Posts
Misbuilt vehicle is a whole nuther can o worms. Dealer should correct problem (get your idle control to you) then worry about getting paid from Ford on misbuilt claim. Lots of dealers wait till they hear from Ford on misbuilt claim, but usually that might be a very large mistake (wrong seat, left the bed off). Getting idle control on an emergency parts order would be solution, then dealer can work it out w/ Ford.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked my truck up yesterday(01/06) and the idle controller was in the back seat right where it was suppose to be. I didn't hook it up yet, that is tomorrows job. I ordered the truck the last week of October, so I was very pleased with the time it took to be delivered. It arrived on the estimated delivery day and everyone is right, the thing is a ball to drive and the quality has improved dramatically from my '94. I couldn't come up with one complaint, great job everyone at the KTP. There is even a neat decal in the windshield about the KTP being the home of the Ford Super Duty. The truck is absolutly beautiful, and the Bright Amber paint is perfect. I had never seen a truck in that color, I ordered it for that reason. Anyone contemplating a color choice, consider it, it's beautiful! And I think the leather could not be any nicer, much better than the '99's.

------------------
'00 F350 SC DRW Lariat. Bright Amber, PSD, Auto, 4:10LS, TT, Camper Pkg, Off-Road, CD, PTO Provision, Dual Alt, IV Hitch, Aux Idle, Sliding Window, Priv. Glass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts