The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a questions and need some help here. I have a '93 F250 7.3l IDI with the old style tensioner(open spring type) The a/c and power steering bracket were the tensioner bolts to has striped out the threads. I have the new style bracket, that I want to install and new style tensioner but no bolt. I ordered the tensioner after market thinking the bolt would come with it like the old open spring style. Does anyone know were you can just purchase the bolt or new style tensioner with the bolt included for less than $100...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is it standard or reverse thread? I have a few specialty hardware stores that specializes in nuts and bolts. Ie Fastenal. That or a pick a part lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanna say it has a long shoulder on it.. should be right handed thread.. Junk Yard will be next visit..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, I went through this last March. I stripped out the bolt and had to get a new tensioner -- had this discussion on oilburners forum.

try copy and paste this link:

***************/forums/showthread.php?62526-93-F350-7-3L-IDI-belt-tensioner-removal&p=727984&highlight=#post7279

you might read it - maybe it will help.

edit: so it seems you can't post a link to another forum -- you might try copying the stuff you can see over at oilburners --- thanks moderators.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts