The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you still have B plates on your greater than 8K GVWR truck, best get them replaced with a D plate and inspection sticker. Looks like they, State, County are cracking down on them. My wife got pulled over the other day driving our beast because she was passing a few 45 in a 55 slow pokes where it was still 45, but she was not doing 55, yet. Usually 9 your fine, 10 your mine is the rule, but since it was an F350, he crossed the grass median to pull her over.

She got a verbal warning, didn't ask to see insurance or registration, and didn't even run her license. My guess is he was looking for the state inspection sticker. When I took it in to get the sticker, it still had the temporary plate on it so I could avoid getting pulled over specifically for the inspection, but once the actual plate is on, it is required to have a current sticker too, the guy doing the inspection had asked was I there because I got a ticket? He said he has been getting a lot of people coming in because they got pulled over for not having one. It is a Class C misdemeanor and the fine I think is $75.

So if you haven't done the inspection and have D plates, you may want to do yourself a favor and just Git'R done.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts