The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the local FS having my state truck inspection done (F350 4wd Dually) and Plate (D) Renewal. Illinois now only requires a once a year instead of every 6 month inspection- but the fee stayed the same (30$)

Wonder what the catch is? 🤨Illinois just saved me some money instead of screwing me over! 🤔 But they did just double our fuel tax— good thing I live close to Missouri.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
What? Really? Is that for Next year? Their website still shows every 6 months, but I will find out when I take mine in for it's first inspection. I hear the plates are also going up, but can't find how much since it isn't posted.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is already in effect, I had my inspection done in June 2019 and the new windshield sticker expires June 2020

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well thats good news, but next years plate renewal is $258. Guess they had to cut us slack somewhere. What has me up in arms is the fee increases for small trailers. From $18 to $118. A One Hundred dollar increase for a trailer that spends more time in the garage or alongside the house than it does on the road. I have two of them so between my cars, trailers and trucks the state is gouging me for and extra $400 in fees.

I hate illinois.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel your pain. I would imagine a lot of people are going to get rid of spare vehicles and extra trailers. I know I am. Wish we could get rid of Chicago and it’s corrupt politicians.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
There was a rumor that Chicago was to secede and become it's own state.

One could dream.... LOL

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It is already in effect, I had my inspection done in June 2019 and the new windshield sticker expires June 2020

Got mine done, and yep, one year, so they just haven't updated the website yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts