The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done this with one tank so far. All is and was well but Im woundering if its a big deal. Kerosene is $.20 cheaper and Im thinking more about using it durning the winter to help out with a gelling issue

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I use kerosene during cold weather sometimes up to 50/50 mixture.

Be advised that you may get some surging and powerloss if the two fuels are not mixed properly.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you are mixing it during warm weather you gain nothing except a higher fuel bill. Mixing it in the winter can certainly help with gelling, just make sure you mix it well, as Spencnaz sez, and we were told at the bio-d convention it should be mixed while the temperature is above the cloud point of both fuels.

MH
Tim

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Here's a really simple method of mixing.

Pour in your dead dinosaur juice first then put in your biodiesel.

What happens in that because the biodiesel is more dense, it will settle through the dinojuice mixing as it goes. Remember too, that your truck's fuel system has a return line so that will do some mixing too.

If you want to get anal about it, you can premix it in a fuel can and then put it in your truck like mixing two-stroke fuel.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dry with a pump circulating in a barrel so Im thinking about adding it after its dried and let it run for a little while longer

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me, just be sure that the pump motor is an enclosed unit, kerosene vapors are explosive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts