The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother bought a 2019 KR F250 that he plans to pull a 5th wheel camper with. I just ordered a B&W turnover hitch, a 5th wheel companion and the Ford in bed trailer connector for it. Can anyone here that has the factory connector installed in their truck provide some pics and dimensions for the location of the in bed connector? When I installed one in my 2012 the kit did not have any instructions with it as far as location and I found that info on this forum. TIA.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Before you get too deep into the installation (I want to do this also), do you have the 360 degree camera system? If so, do you plan on adding the Customer Placed camera? If so, you might want to hold off on the standard plug and see about getting a 7/12 pin plug instead. You will need it for the extra trailer camera. Just a thought to save you some extra work down the road if it applies.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Doesn’t the needed 7/12 pin plug come with the trailer camera kit? I believe it does.
In bed plug location is drivers side near tailgate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
775 Posts
Doesn’t the needed 7/12 pin plug come with the trailer camera kit? I believe it does.
In bed plug location is drivers side near tailgate

It does, but it replaces the 4/12 plug in the bumper. If you want the in bed 7/12 plug, you have to buy it separately. Or if you want to use it for the in bed in lieu of the bumper (the bumper would remain 4/12), then you still need a kit to install it. The factory in bed is only the 7 pin plug, so some cutting will be required. Nichols has a kit for this.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Does anyone know if there are adaptors available to use wireless cameras with fords monitor?

I have a wireless setup I removed from my last truck and would like to use the in dash monitor vs a separate monitor that sits on the dash.

It worked great as I had 3 different cameras on 3 different trailers

·
Registered
865 Posts
Update

Ended up purchasing fords trailer camera kit

Wow, what better than the wireless system I was using before

Currently only have on one trailer, will slowly update other trailers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts