The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Well just yanked the bullet proof billet aluminum oil transfer block off and found not a damn thing but oil as I suspected. They insisted a shop rag or a plastic plug. Dont know how that would last 24k miles but what the heck. Its only ripping apart an easy 6.0. These are way easier than a 1972 sbc.

Blew compressed air through oil out (to filter) fitting. This was directed by bullet proof. The exit was oil feed from 6.0 engine. Clean and clear as day. Waiting for them to get back to me.

The oil pressures (lpop) seem low to me especially going to 1800 rpm. Can you imagine whats been hapening at 231 degree oil temps and 3k rpm?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I gotta say man, Bullet Proof diesel are some really cool cats. Dropping the pan and going in from the bottom now. Belief is that airation may be causing an air pocket in oil distribution block.

I am determined to follow through and post this til finished. Or part out LOL. Have a great weekend

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Pan off and thoroughly cleaned along with pickup. Spotless draineing, spotless cleaning, rinsed off with water and inspected all brazed joints with magnifying glass. Perfection. Oring on pickup perfect. Adaptor plate coming off next. Only option may be seal at plate to bed. If not this is all going together then LPOP next.If and I say If the bed is sucking air,,,,,,,,,,,,, motor will have to come out, broke down, change lifters and cam for the hell of it. Just to check bed.

If anyone has an opinion or theory, Id love to hear it. Thanks

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
LPOP pressure readings:Oil temp 80 degrees: 700 rpm 22, 1200 rpm 24, 1800 rpm 31. Oil temp at 131 degrees: 700 rpm 14, 1200 rpm 16, 1800 rpm 20.

My theories are blown out of the water at this point and have no clue in direction to take. Rpms were very hard to hold to impossible as I beleve thats the oil pressure variation at vgt. I replaced the regulator in lpop with ford unit. I replaced Bullet Proof bypass regulator in oil transfer block. No oil still at filter or even going through hose to filter. Bullet Proof is advising me to remove oil tranfer block at there is a blockage in it.

Truck runs fine and can be driven without incident. Pressure readings from LPOP indicate to me that ,,,,,,,I havent a clue lol.

Sorry, LPOP pressure readings were performed by removing oil pressure sensor on top of oil distribution block.
The minimum engine oil pressure specifications are 12 psi at 700 rpm, 24 psi at 1,200 rpm and 45 psi at 1,800 rpm with the engine at operating temperature.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It sounds to me like the oil pressure is dropping due to wrong oil filter, oil filter cap or broken or defective drain valve in filter housing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
The minimum engine oil pressure specifications are 12 psi at 700 rpm, 24 psi at 1,200 rpm and 45 psi at 1,800 rpm with the engine at operating temperature.

BPD doesnt seem to think that matters. I do. LPOP orderred today. What is the cause of 1800 and presumably above rpms not putting out pressure? Thoughts? The lpop literally looks great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
I cant edit anymore apparently so had to post again, sorry for run ons. New lpop only accepts later version (big) water pump. Dudes at Bullet Proof Diesel are willing to swap my smaller dia pump for large one for FREE! Seriously cool dudes man.

Update: waiting on new BPD large water pump, sensor/switch T for lpop pressure and new intake. After removing the turbo too many times just to yank intake its time to get an 05 and newer style intake manifold.
Pressure readings will be posted and hop this cures all.
Nothing and I mean nothing noticed on old lpop. Looks brand new to be honest.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
BINGO! Big ole rubber line cap stuck in hose from filter to cooler. Blowing air the opposite way and about a half inch popped out. Been in there since install at 9k miles. I`ll finally know what a BPD cooler does. Going back together and will post LPOP results to compare.
How did cap get there? Dont know but my guess its its there so a muddiver doesnt build a nest in it while on the shelf. Its a pretty big cap. Youd have to work this thing into this line.
Moral to this story? In this shop, we now blow through any hose, line or component that flows anything. Amazing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Forgot to add. Im still puzzled how no oil flowed to the filter, Clog was after filter. Only assumption is that the pressure was great enough instantly to send BPD regulator into full bypass.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts