The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to figure out the VIN thing with the infinity. I have 2 truck, 7.3 2002 and 6.4 2008. If i buy the infinity (come with sd card and 1vin) with one tune for the 6.4. Can i load the tune in my 6.4, remove the device and use it to monitor the 7.3?

If i buy an additional vin with 7.3 tune, can i have both truck tuned at the same time....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
561 Posts
So I'm trying to figure out the VIN thing with the infinity. I have 2 truck, 7.3 2002 and 6.4 2008. If i buy the infinity (come with sd card and 1vin) with one tune for the 6.4. Can i load the tune in my 6.4, remove the device and use it to monitor the 7.3?

If i buy an additional vin with 7.3 tune, can i have both truck tuned at the same time....

Yes, that is correct.

You do not need an additional VIN license if you want to use the unit as a monitor on another truck. You only need an additional VIN license if you want to tune more than one truck (one VIN license per every truck you want to tune).

Does that make sense?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Justin, i figure you would of pop by.

Yes it does make sense, my big thing is does the unit need to stay in the truck while it's tune or can i tune my 08, remove the unit and use it in my 02 as display (while the 08 is still tune)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks Justin, i figure you would of pop by.

Yes it does make sense, my big thing is does the unit need to stay in the truck while it's tune or can i tune my 08, remove the unit and use it in my 02 as display (while the 08 is still tune)

No problem.

No, the unit does not need to stay in the truck. You can load the tune, take the unit out, then run it as a monitor in your other truck. That tune will stay loaded until you plug the Infinity back in and change the tune.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 6 of 6 Posts