The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to upgrade my injectors. Was looking @ BDP stage 2 singles or new BD 530's for about the same money. What motor mods would I need for the 530's..turbo,studs? How do the BD's do with towing? Looking for more insight on the 530's. Will be checking what rods I have this week, motor built 10/00.Thanks. Rick

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Rods are PMR's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif DI's 530 hybrids are pretty amazing, I tow 12,000 lbs with those sticks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I am running 180 singles with PMR's... No Issues!

·
Registered
165 Posts
i would vote for the bdp 2's vs BD's. Bd's are alot of fuel and w/o very good tuning could turn your engine into a bucket of scrap iron. If you do have forged rods id go with hybrids first bc they dont need dual hpop and unless you are shooting for 500++ hybrids are just fine. To be 99% safe with 530's (and run them hard) your going to need a built engine with alot of air.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Your sig says you already have a Stealth pump. If you have PMR's you will grenade the engine with any performance injectors above stage 1's. I have MM's that work well with my PMR's but use a 40hp maximum tune. I don't dare go with big oil. It's more than maxed out as is.

Use a scope when you check your rods. Otherwise it will leave some question because it's very hard to see clearly through that small hole.

DZ

BTW, my engine was also built 10/00 and has the PMR's.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I recommend Stage II singles but not with big oil and a stock engine. I did not add oil to my truck, see my sig. I did beef up my injectors, turbo and some other stuff. My mods should put me in the 380-400hp range I am told. Still need to get to a dyno to verify. I will say I have plenty of power for fun daily driving and most importantly towing around 14,000lbs of horses and trailer.
My 2 cents.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts