The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I bought this 99 7.3 F350 supposedly with only a leaking pedestal replaced it and rebuilt a turbo now I'm having problems with the injectors I've tried running hot shot through it the trucks running horrible has no power will barely idle I am not sure if rebuilding then injectors will help I did order a new IDM it's not here yet some of the codes are showing IDM some are showing ECU slot of faults coming up I just changed the CPS that was it was thinking a rebuild alone wouldn't help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did find out the guy used a jump box and one battery to get it home when he bought it could this have fried the IDM and ECU

·
Super Moderator
25,409 Posts
I doubt your PCM or IDM are fried from using one battery.

Most likely your issues are loose UVCH's. If they're original, the connectors under the valve cover are probably brittle and the latches are not working correctly.
The UVCH's are the cheapest thing to fix, and it's unlikely your issue is the IDM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the harness to the valve covers for the injectors are new I haven't opened the valve covers yet I was under the impression that it usually all comes in a kit with the new harness gasket with UVCHs but don't put it pass the guy not to change everything I already have the IDM on the way I will open her up tomorrow and check out the UVCHs thanks any other feed back

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just pulled the IDM stinks like burnt plastic and has stuff rattling inside

·
Super Moderator
25,409 Posts
Just pulled the IDM stinks like burnt plastic and has stuff rattling inside
Then you've probably found your issue. They do get water into them on occasion, which doesn't do them any good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts