The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I’ve been chasing my tail with my truck for the last 2 months my #6 injector will not fire. I’ve replaced it with 3 different ones, I’ve replaced the harness and the mother board in the ficm. Only thing I haven’t replaced is the entire FICM box. It’s a 03 6.0. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Will it buzz when you do the buzz test?

·
Registered
670 Posts
It keeps throwing a injector circuit high code so i don’t think it’s an oil issue I could be wrong though
Also have you swapped a known good injector in? I’m sure you have. Also have you checked ficm voltage. If it’s off that might make the PCM think there’s an issue there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
If you do the Buzz Test, and the #6 injector doesn't buss, then you can hook up the #4 or #8 connector to it and see if it buzzes.

If it does, then the issue is probably the FICM (logic side).

ForScan Lite (downloaded to a smart phone for $6) can do the Buzz Test. You need a $35 adapter (recommend BAFX brand of OBDII adapter, BlueTooth for Android and WiFi for iOS).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you do the Buzz Test, and the #6 injector doesn't buss, then you can hook up the #4 or #8 connector to it and see if it buzzes.

If it does, then the issue is probably the FICM (logic side).

ForScan Lite (downloaded to a smart phone for $6) can do the Buzz Test. You need a $35 adapter (recommend BAFX brand of OBDII adapter, BlueTooth for Android and WiFi for iOS).
it will not pass buzz test throws injector 6 circuit high code during test

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I agree with @speedrcr78

Or, you could have it repaired and upgraded at CircuitBoardMedics.com or FICMRepair.com for less than a new one.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
You get a better product for less $$ by repairing and upgrading than buying the same old "marginal" unit ............... Of course you have to wait a bit longer for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts