The Diesel Stop banner

Injector Pump AKA IP

4671 Views 36 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Airmotive
Anyone ever use an IP from Autozone the Champion brand. They are reasonably inexpensive compared to most others and no core charge. Being as I changed all the injectors and it is recommended to replace the IP also. Just wondering /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

OLDBULL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
See less See more
1 - 12 of 37 Posts
Gonna order one. $289.00 Will let U know how it fairs out in a month or so. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

OLDBULL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif
See less See more
Ordered one today at the local store for the 185 HP. Saves shipping so the guy say's and I get credit on my rewards card. If you order it online you don't get rewards credit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

OLDBULL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

Edit: I believe 166 HP is 6.9L and 185 is 7.3L
See less See more
Don't know if it's made in China or not until I get it. Got a 90 day warranty on it. At least I'll have my old pump to get rebuilt just in case. Won't have to wait for the rebuild to get done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif
See less See more
If you live in Alaska or near there thats when you need the Artic model.

Edit: Why don't you put your location and what truck U have,in your signature, makes for less posting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
See less See more
That I cain't tell you, you might tell autozone that you are moving to Edmonton and ight need the artic model. You could PM cdnsarguy and ask him both of your questions, he lives way up in Neepawa Manitoba. He's real knowlegable about these engines.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif Ok guys, got my IP this morning, really quick overnite delivery from Hope Arkansas. SUPRISE IT'S A STANADYNE REMANUFACTURED from Champion Auto Parts. Thats OK with me cause I still got my old one (no core charge). Although it's not said anywhere at Autozone that they are a reman, but it's cost is resonable enough and I can get the old one rebuilt and have a spare or sell the core. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

OLDBULL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Edit: Thats old Bill Clinton's home town. LOL
See less See more
Looked on my door sticker and it has no engine size on it, Canadian stickers must be diff, get a mirror and flashlite and see if you can see the model of the IP should be DB2 4*** if it's a Stanadyne. Maybe you can go from there for the correct IP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

See less See more
Missed that, thought he said the door sticker SORRY. My valve cover has 166 and 185 also, can't read the whole thing but it looks like the amount of fuel injected determines the HP. at 3300 RPM. If he is moving to Edmonton Alberta he prolly aught to get the Artic 185 HP. I would think. What is MWIF? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

OLDBULL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

Edit: Got my IP changed today, hellof a job. Gonna fire it up Sunday, quit at dark. Last 2 bolts in the gear cover with flashlite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif
See less See more
CD That's funny. This dam Ohio is Artic one day then Florida the next. I just don't drive on the Artic day's.

Edit 3PM Got the IP installed and tuned up runs great in the driveway. Took a little longer , line to #7 leaking at IP, Murphy's Law. Jumpered to advance sol. and didn't speed up so guess I'm set pretty close. 2 more days on this SOB and I get my ASE certification LOL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

See less See more
Suppose we aught to end this thread.Took the truck for a test drive Sunday, but FIPL was set wrong, shifting was really harsh, got it set today OK 1.120, cain't hardly feel it shift, just a little into OD. Went for a 40 mile drive and seems like it,s using a little more fuel now, might have the IP not set quite right. Advanced too far? I'm still a 1/16th to the right of the line up marks and by powering the advance solenoid I don't get a speed up. Soon as all my Knuckles and arms heal up and my broken toe from dropping the IP on it, gonna take her for a longer ride down to the gambling joint in Indiana and see if I can recover some of the costs. CD I get my ASE certf. Thursday from the school of hard knocks LOL. Thanks for all the help. And thank God for long reach magnets.

OLDBULL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif
See less See more
Sent PM
1 - 12 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.