The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting water/moisture in wiring harness some where, get the injector falt code. I am pulling the plugs on each side and putting dielectric grease in the plus. The latch one one side is broke no problem there, now the question, how do I unlock the catch and not break it.

·
Super Moderator
25,017 Posts
The latch one one side is broke no problem there, now the question, how do I unlock the catch and not break it.
If you're talking about the outer VC connectors, they release by pushing with your thumb. Sometimes breaking the latch is unavoidable if it's become brittle with age. There are replacement connector bodies available with wires attached, or you can insert the original wire terminals into the body to avoid splicing wires.
Check the Hard/no-start link in my signature for pics in the first post. Prying the connection up with a small screwdriver helps them come loose. Be careful about gooping too much dielectric grease on the terminals. It can cause shorts between the high voltage circuits. Only put grease on the seals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Really like my old dinosaur, it may not be the biggest, baddest or fastest out there, but it has served me well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts