The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i have engine tore apart to do cam and lifters may as well try and take care of injectors, found these online for 125 each and seems too good to be true has anyone used this brand before ??
Which do you suggest ?
Diesel Care and Performance

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
IMO you would be better off sticking with Ford injectors. So many of the aftermarket injectors are not rebuilt with the best parts or some important things are not even done in their re-build.

Auto Nation White Bear Lake sells them for around $186 each

Reactions: ford_doctor

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I wish people knew how to Google, before posting threads.
It's pretty simple to Google "diesel care and performance reviews."

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobofthenorth

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Ford Motorcraft injectors get the nozzle end parts replaced AND the spool valve that controls injector, spool valve body, and the injector coils with wire and the connector. I have not found any others that will list their new pieces. Alliant offered new injectors at one time but I didn't find anyone listing those. The spool valve coils will have the updated end caps with a relief groove that reduces cold start stiction issues caused by spool valve getting occlusive seal when the oil is thick. The cost difference was big at one time but the Motorcraft remans are availble from a few sources for less than $200 with free shipping. You will pay core charge and pay to ship back old injectors. The 4C3Z-9E527-BRM part number is the later part number and whole set change works fine with these if you have a 2003/2004 truck. I just googled and KT Performance seems to have the best shipping included deal at $174.95. The site says shipping is 2 day air.

Reactions: ford_doctor

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I personally recommend Motorcraft and Alliant as they have a great reputation. As a dealer technician who has installed hundreds of 6.0L injectors I will always go with the Motorcraft of course. I don't think I have ever seen a problem with quality or reliability that was not caused by bad workmanship or failure to determine and correct the root cause of the original failure. With that said, I have attached the injector comparison PDF that explains what a Motorcraft reman injector is about.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
To add to that, there have been quite a few people bitten by companies advertising Ford Remanned injectors, when all they meant was that it started out as a Ford injector ..... even though the "remanned" was done by someone "cheap".

PurePower is the company that supplied the OEM injectors, AND is the company that rebuilds them for Ford. It was a joint venture company between Siemens and International.

PurePower has been selling brand new 6.0L injectors for some time now and they have a good track record.

Personally I wouldn't go with KT Performance. Probably just my "trust issues".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts