The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to replace/upgrade both hot and cold innercooler pipes. In my search, I’m finding pure silicone like H&S, and then I’m finding mandrel bent aluminum, like aFe. Which is best?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
You really do not need to replace the hot side (turbo side) since it is already made of metal. The cold side is the one that gives the problems.

I used a two piece metal tube from Rudy's for approx $150 a few years ago and love it. Now Rudy's and similar have one with silicone lower half and metal tube upper half for approx $100. You cna find them on eBay sometimes less than $100 with shipping.

Most say there is no real difference between the ones Rudy's sales and the name brand ones other than they cost more and have the company name/logo printed on the silicone tubes or in the metal.

Choice is up to you to spend more for the same kit as the cheaper one I bought.

Here is a link where I installed my Rudy's two metal tube setup.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1506879-rudys-cold-air-kit-install.html

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi lrrgh, wish I had received your reply earlier. I ordered the aFe Bladerunner kit for both sides. The write up on the kit is really good, so I don’t think I’ll be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Probably will be a good kit, but you probably paid a hefty sum for both pipes with their name and logo on them.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
And like I mentioned in the message to you...check out the link....lots of good info there and would have helped on this selection

·
Registered
104 Posts
H&S is what I used and I couldnt ask for a better kit. I also got the throttly body flap delete. Took me 20 minutes to install and MOC the new pipe. Loving it.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
H&S is what I used and I couldnt ask for a better kit. I also got the throttly body flap delete. Took me 20 minutes to install and MOC the new pipe. Loving it.

They are all good kits.....the name on it and the price doesn't make one better than the other....I am well satisfied with the $50 I spent on the Rudy's kit I installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts