The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am thinking about purchasing a new 2017 Superduty and I would like you all to chime in on opinions. As you can see, I have, not one, but, 2 6.0 liter engines, so, I feed I am well versed in dealing with problems.

I was under the impression the '05's had many problems addressed. Boy, was I WRONG! You name it, it has happened to me.

I'd like to know about your personal experiences with the 6.7 liter engine and their issues, as well as the ancillary systems.

Also, what you think of the DPF system and other additional costs. Thanks in advance for your replies, Craig.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
i never own a 6.7 or 6.0 myself but for what i read on the forum you'll better to stay with your 6.0. I don't know if the 2017 fixed their problem but they had fuel system issue and exhaust valve or valve seat breaking and destroying the engine leading to new engine that cost about 20K...

also the maintenance and parts are cheaper on the 6.0.

the 2017 is maybe better than the other 6.7 before.....

again never had first hand experience with these truck

Cheers

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I have a 2015 6.7L with 20k on the odometer with no problems.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
38k here....The first run of 6.7L fuel systems can be a headache unless you take the correct steps during the filter change and prevent contamination. Some trucks will exhibit issues when under regen with the driver's side head and valves. DEF contamination can lead to warranty denial since there is no way Ford can prevent those issues.

I have shown fuel system pics from the forums to most local dealer techs who always say that's not common in our area. I'd say you ALWAYS read the worst of the worst on the boards.

Currently I have had a PCM swap and a radiator changed out. I'm still driving it and happy everyday I'm in a Ford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts