The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your 2005 to 2007 (I have not attempted this nor do I know if 2008-2010 have this problem) has TBC fault and trailer disconnect when you hit a bump or if you bump the manual lever then there could be a fairly easy fix. One of my 2006 models developed this problem and I took the ITBC out and soldered a broken joint on the face board and it is fixed.

The controller comes out by opening the storage drawer and then pushing in the stop rubbers so it drops out of your way. Now you push the controller to rear of truck and it will pop out of opening. The two wire connections have tabs at top to depress so they unplug. Depending on harness routing you may be able to pull it out of hole to disconnect connectors or you may have the harness behind a bracket back in there and have to push them and unplug while it is still in dash. Once removed remove the two TX7 screws on back corners and then on the other side towards front you remove the two TX7 screws holding the stainless steel spring tabs. Now the cover comes off. Look at the larger pins coming through the circuit board. The one that is about middle of board cracks and a pocket screwdriver probe will reveal that it is loose. If you push in on the manual apply lever it will push that pin through board more if you watch. Solder that pin, put it back together and re-install.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts