The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a garrett ball bearing turbo last night, took off the wrap on the intercooler pipes. Let me tell you what air force one doesnt sound this cool. Cant keep my foot off that pedal. Let that turbo sing.

·
Banned
1,666 Posts
you just wait...take the hood off and OMFG!!!!! It will make your ears bleed! I just took mine off an hour ago and its not going back on, its gotta be worth 50hp or so jsut for sounding this cool.

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
you just wait...take the hood off and OMFG!!!!! It will make your ears bleed! I just took mine off an hour ago and its not going back on, its gotta be worth 50hp or so jsut for sounding this cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I cut the firewall out so I could hear the turbo AND see it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Remove the fenders and bumper so that other people can see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
OKAY.... i took the whole front end off, cut the firewall'n took out the Windshield... wear Ski goggles'n a Scarf

·
Registered
99 Posts
Other than the sound, is there any advantages to removing the wrap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I thought this post by FL_Cracker in Greg's hood removal thread was best:

[ QUOTE ]
You guys have it all wrong you run a straight pipe off the turbo through the glove box NO RESTRICTIVE CURVES /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
752 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
If you take the turbo off, and hold it up to your ear, you can hear the ocean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That one made me laugh!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif

·
Registered
342 Posts
dito humdinger!!!!

there is few times where i actually laugh at the computer screen. it make for a good mental picture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
somewhat off topic, but in my neighborhood today i heard an excursion that was very loud turbo whistle even when not on the gas hard. didnt have big exhaust, muffler delete or what?

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
somewhat off topic, but in my neighborhood today i heard an excursion that was very loud turbo whistle even when not on the gas hard. didnt have big exhaust, muffler delete or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a 6.0

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
If you take the turbo off, and hold it up to your ear, you can hear the ocean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To funny. I am trying to picture this!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif
Louie

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL.

·
Registered
752 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
dito humdinger!!!!

there is few times where i actually laugh at the computer screen. it make for a good mental picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

AGREE!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts