The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I have done some reading on interior swaps, but I want to attempt to take my 2003 F350 with 7.3 in her and give her an update inside and out to a 2014 front clip and insides. the outside part is a breeze.... the inside however it sounds like it could be a bit more challenging...

what are some of the issue that i should plan for or be aware of ?

I plan to have a donor truck with a salvage title.

thanks in advance
Dean

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
You will have to keep the old gauges and probably most of the switches, trying to get your trucks electrics to talk to the new cluster would be a huge challenge. Other than that, to my knowledge, the sheet metal is basically the same so I would think the rest of the interior should be do-able.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not meaning to hijack your thread but I was hoping to do a much smaller version of your project. I want to swap newer front seats into my 2001 Excursion. Has anyone done this in their Excursion or SuperDuty? Are the seat mounting brackets/bolt holes the same for any specific range of years? Like 2000-2007? Or 2000-2014?

Reactions: aclasshog

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not meaning to hijack your thread but I was hoping to do a much smaller version of your project. I want to swap newer front seats into my 2001 Excursion. Has anyone done this in their Excursion or SuperDuty? Are the seat mounting brackets/bolt holes the same for any specific range of years? Like 2000-2007? Or 2000-2014?
I'm with you absolutezero. subscribing to this thread

·
Registered
278 Posts
After doing some quick checking I did receive word from a yard that we should be able to fit seats from 2014 and older trucks.

·
Premium Member
15,107 Posts
I've got 2011 seats in mine. The fun part is finding which of the 500 wires under the seat is the power wire you need to run the power seats. I had to bypass the memory module as well to get the driver's side to work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've got 2011 seats in mine. The fun part is finding which of the 500 wires under the seat is the power wire you need to run the power seats. I had to bypass the memory module as well to get the driver's side to work.
How different are the seats? I've heard they're more comfortable. Did you go with buckets or the split bench? And does the memory module tie in to the GEM on the newer trucks? Is that why you had to bypass?

·
Premium Member
15,107 Posts
I have the buckets up front and the bench in the rear. I wouldn't call them more comfortable, but they are definitely classier. The memory module stands between the controls on the side of the seat and the motors. You have to go around it or you get no response from the position buttons even if you have the right wire for power supply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,107 Posts
Hey, Kris-

I can tell you, that plug on the left is no where close to what I was facing. The driver's seat has around 300 wires, the passenger's side about 150. What I did was turn the seat upside down and trace wires. I ran from the switch on the side of the seat back to the plug and determined which one was power. On my 02, the motor was grounded through the seat frame. On the 2011, it's through the plug, so I had to run a ground. For the passenger seat, that's all it took. On the driver's seat, even powered up, I got no movement. I traced the wires from the position switch to a module. All the wires went in on one side and came out the other. I figure this is a seat position memory module. I traced the wires coming from the module to the motors and one by one applied power and recorded which way the seat moved. I then cut the wires coming from the position switch and one by one used a voltmeter to see which wire was hot with which movement of the switch. Then, I connected the corresponding wires - bypassing the memory module. Now I have two functional front seats with one power wire and one ground wire connected and several hundred wires just hanging around doing nothing.

On my seats, there are airbags everywhere. Make sure and disconnect the air bag plugs - they are usually yellow. You don't want to blow anything up...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts