The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
A preemptive change on a heater core when its accessible is always a good idea. I did the one in my '89 Mustang GT project because I was already taking the dash out. Nothing wrong with it, but they are a royal PITA to get to with everything in place. That's good advice there Phil.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I had another solution on a Dodge Dakota since the dash had to come out on it to get at it....I left the core in the box and gave it to the new owner.... :)

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I seem to remember buying an F150 years ago that had a fuel tank sending unit on the bench seat when I bought it. I noticed the fuel gauge never moved and realized the previous owner never got around to changing it :winking:

·
Registered
20 Posts
So the real question is what or was this issue resolved..?

I'm currently having this issue.. However, my heat is intermittent.. If i rev the motor let off rev again. Drive or stay still it comes and goes.. For the most part I have heat but randomly if idling for long periods of time or even short times at times... I won't have heat.. Coolant level is fine (although egr cooler and most likely head gaskets are bad, "coolant/pressure blows out cap but I monitor cooling level" not much highway driving and don't pull weight)

I'm wondering if its just the coolant boiling over so much from the HGs and EGR cooler that's preventing coolant to flow through the heater core at times or if its possible my water pump is starting to go.. Is it popssible to have an intermittent water pump failure, isn't the shaft connected directly to the impeller?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts