The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason,
Is there any way that the newest posts could be at the top of the page with the older ones at the bottom. If you read the posts on a regular basis, you have to scroll down through the all the old posts to get to the ones you haven't read yet. This can get time consuming, especially on topics with alot of posts and the time adds up even on alot of topics without many posts. I realize it would be inconvenient if you want to read all the posts of a topic in total, but it seems to me that most people are checking in at least every few days and it would be more convenient for most people.

[This message has been edited by Jeff Hunt (edited 09-14-1999).]

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
It's possible, but I don't like to do it that way. It's especially annoying when a thread splits into more than one page.

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It probably wouldn't be a good idea anyway. After I thought about it some more, it would be more inconvenient on topics with around 4 or 5 posts which is what I suspect is about the average. I usually skim all the posts if there aren't many to find the ones I haven't read and it would be confusing as the reader would be reading everything in reverse order. I have a scroll point mouse and I have been relying too much on it. I'm going to try to start using the scroll bar so I can use the page down to speed things up or god forbid, touch the keyboard. I think the forum software is the best I've seen, but it's one weakness is the inability track the individual posts the reader has read. Thanks for the reply.

Jeff

------------------
95 F250 Supercab, 4X4, 5 speed, 4.10's Red and White

[This message has been edited by Jeff Hunt (edited 09-15-1999).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts