The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 F-350 7.3 IDI (auto trans) came from PO with a Banks Turbo of the type shown in this picture. The IP DB2 5013 is leaking fuel and I purchased a rebuilt 5013 pump to replace it. I would be very appreciative for advice on two things.
1. Am I going to be able to get this air filter housing off separately from the tubo? I don’t see how I could get the fuel line spider out of there with the housing in the way.
2. From what I’ve researched, the 5013 is not the recommended IP for a turbo but the 5013 runs fine on my truck and I note that the instructions I found for the Banks Sidewinder discuss adjusting the fuel flow of the stock IP when the turbo is installed, so it seems staying with 5013 is fine. Also, the supplier wanted a direct core swap for another 5013, so I did it. Here is the question: Should I determine the setting on the adjustment screw on the IP I’m removing (turn it to stop noting the number of flats) and then set the replacement to match? Or leave it alone and don’t mess with it until installed and I’ve had the engine running? Thanks very much. - Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My 1993 F-350 7.3 IDI (auto trans) came from PO with a Banks Turbo of the type shown in this picture. The IP DB2 5013 is leaking fuel and I purchased a rebuilt 5013 pump to replace it. I would be very appreciative for advice on two things.
1. Am I going to be able to get this air filter housing off separately from the tubo? I don’t see how I could get the fuel line spider out of there with the housing in the way.
2. From what I’ve researched, the 5013 is not the recommended IP for a turbo but the 5013 runs fine on my truck and I note that the instructions I found for the Banks Sidewinder discuss adjusting the fuel flow of the stock IP when the turbo is installed, so it seems staying with 5013 is fine. Also, the supplier wanted a direct core swap for another 5013, so I did it. Here is the question: Should I determine the setting on the adjustment screw on the IP I’m removing (turn it to stop noting the number of flats) and then set the replacement to match? Or leave it alone and don’t mess with it until installed and I’ve had the engine running? Thanks very much. - Rich
QUESTION 1 is resolved. Found an archive with good illustrations. Could still use some advice on No. 2. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts