The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should my ipr readings be and what would cause them to be out of wack. I have new injector buy truck is missing and falling on its face

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
What should my ipr readings be and what would cause them to be out of wack. I have new injector buy truck is missing and falling on its face
9-13% at idle (warm)

450-550 icp when warm

less than 55% duty cycle at WOT and atleast 2400 psi

take those readings after 4 seconds of WOT not before or after you let off the pedal

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It gets to those numbers but can’t hold it for 4 sec before it starts to cut out and fall on it face, if I still hold my foot in it the numbers 2100psi at 52% but losing power.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep getting low icp pressure and have a little oil in my fuel. I Jane a filling the shop pinched an o-ring or something on the new injector. The truck has new oe injectors,ipr, icp and and pigtails all done less than 3000 miles ago. Too bad the shop is on the other side of the country. I had all the work done right before we moved back to North Carolina after having our house totaled by hurricane Lara in Louisiana

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I keep getting low icp pressure and have a little oil in my fuel. I Jane a filling the shop pinched an o-ring or something on the new injector. The truck has new oe injectors,ipr, icp and and pigtails all done less than 3000 miles ago. Too bad the shop is on the other side of the country. I had all the work done right before we moved back to North Carolina after having our house totaled by hurricane Lara in Louisiana
Failed injector orings can definitely have an effect on icp.

I would also monitor fuel pressure!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up being the fuel pump but now on start up I am getting a lot of white smoke on start up and large clouds of black smoke when I get on it. I just did sleeves and stock injector. My old injector had 340,000 miles on them. So I don’t know if that is normal with the edge tuner I have or not. I am going to turn it down and see if it clears it up. I will run codes today and see what comes up

Reactions: Greg687
1 - 6 of 6 Posts