The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems with the tin but on my ipr falling off it has done it twice in the last month is there a good way to keep this on or does the ipr need to be replaced or just the nut or is there a better solution the ipr itself is working just fine until the solenoid falls off at very busy intersections lol never seems to happen at a good time anyway so any help on this would be great

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
blue locktite 242.

medium strength and oil resistant.

use a little on the threads

·
Registered
898 Posts
I used blue lock tight and it has stayed for the last 6 month. Problem solved

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
on one of my powerstroke trucks years ago I lost the tin nut and engine quit on road. Only thing I had was a brass threaded bushing and it fit perfect. It is still on that truck all these years

·
Registered
998 Posts
Back up nut.

·
Super Moderator
26,503 Posts
The internal fingers on the nut are bent away from the seat of the nut to form the threads. You can flatten them a little to tighten the nut's grip on the stem of the IPR. The idea is to make it a bit harder to thread onto the IPR.
And the RTV that has been suggested is a good measure, too. To get that to work, the IPR stem needs to be sparkly clean for the RTV to stick. Loctite won't have much to bite on to IMO, and would be a choice farther down the list than RTV. But if that's all you have, then it can't hurt.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
I'm with Kl on this subject , just take the tin nut off the ipr and sit it flat on the tongue of the vice and just very carefully flatten the fingers on the speed nut , after they've been used a few times they loose their tension or the ability to hold on.:smile2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks for the replies I will take nut of tonight and flatten a little

·
Registered
7 Posts
dieselorings.com get a new tin nut and O-ring kit.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts