The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a question, I am getting in to some "light" tuning, going to be getting a TS Performance Chip just for a little more up and go. I have installed an EGT Gauge, but I don't really see the need for a transmission temp gauge for what I am doing. I've owned my truck since new, and it's been stock up till now, I've been towing bobcats and all kinds of heavy stuff without any gauges, no transmission problems or anything at all. I understand that the transmission will get a little warmer, but I will leave it in stock mode when towing, but I rarely tow anymore, just driving, do I need an transmission temp gauge?

·
Premium Member
15,122 Posts
The need for a transmission temperature gauge has nothing to do with buying a tuner. It's a general recommendation to all 4R100 owners no matter what mods they have.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Keeping an eye on the temperature is recommended to prevent some damage that may occur.

For me I prefer buy a gauge than a trans. Its also a good peace of mind when towing and you see that the temp are good

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Get a gauge. You'll be surprised how much warmer it gets when you start dragging stuff around.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
As stated, even on a stock truck a trans temp gauge is beneficial when you are towing. It is good, cheap insurance. You can prevent the trans from melting down if something goes wrong and causes the temp to increase. For the small price tag, it is a no brainer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts