The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this line? Is it worth it and what was noticed by doing so?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I think there are many posts on the HX crossover. do a search and you will find what you seek.

I bought my line from Bob (DieselSite); its ss and looks sweet too. I have noticed that my truck runs smoother; elimitated a miss I had; and possibly made the motor ever so slightly quieter. I havent noticed any other things that i am aware of.

Overall I would definately say its worth the $50 or whatever it cost.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
2 options:

1. You might do big oil (twin pumps not single pump) in the future. If so, do what I did. Forget about it. Big Oil with twin pumps will equalize the pressure already

2. Get the ITP one. It is pre bent stainless steel and you won't ever have a hose leak

·
Registered
245 Posts
Probably not worth it, I got one though, didn't notice any difference. I've had it on a little over a year. I actually called Dale @ Tymar to get mine.....he makes all kinds of stuff, not just intakes.

If you wanna cram extra parts under your hood, get it, I did. But it won't cure crabs, warts, herpes, ricketts, diarhea or drunkeness....just looks good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was thinking about making this my next mod aswell. i don't look for power as much as quiet it down a bit made help keep parts alive longer. for 50 bucks i figure it would be worth a try

Rich

·
Registered
59 Posts
Didn't do anything to mine either. Save your money for big oil.

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I think it is a good addition. I have noticed that it runs smoother; elimitated a miss at idle and possibly made the motor slightly quieter with a little bit more pedal sensitivity.
So why not add a couple more?
I see more plugs in the high pressure oil rail, so if one is good more might be better.
Ford, like any manufacturer builds most things as economicly as possibly. I believe that they knew things that they are not telling us.
Also,,why not make it bigger?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
To me it was worth it. Like the others said, it did smooth the idle and quiet the engine a little bit. I got the one from RR and would do it again

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
To me it was worth it. Like the others said, it did smooth the idle and quiet the engine a little bit. I got the one from RR and would do it again

Was that the hard line?

I have one from Corey that's hydraulic hose, i have this as a spare.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the one from RiffRaff too. It is Stainless, and I noticed the same as everyone else...slightly quieter, smoother idle. My goal for installing it was long term sparing of parts, but it has only been there 2-3 years.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Was that the hard line?

I have one from Corey that's hydraulic hose, i have this as a spare.

Yes hard SS line, i also thought about the hydraulic line from Corey but the hard SS line will look better with Corey 4line fuel kit lol

Reactions: ArcticDriver

·
Registered
464 Posts
I went with CNC fab oil lines with the crossover. Lines are easy to install.
Motor is noticeably quieter and runs smoother.
I don't have the cold start cackle after installation that I had before.

I wish I did this thousands of miles earlier.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can anyone post a link to some of these big oil kits? Also does this apply to the 6.0L?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the one from RiffRaff too. It is Stainless, and I noticed the same as everyone else...slightly quieter, smoother idle. My goal for installing it was long term sparing of parts, but it has only been there 2-3 years.
Also have the RR version. It is a slight difference from what I can tell, but I had other things going on when I added this.

It's only $50, not a huge wallet drainer.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
this is from RR website

The Stainless Steel High Pressure Crossover is meant to allow excess oil pressure to flow between both heads allowing for better supply to the injectors. By allowing the oil the flow to the opposite head, the issue of pressure spikes are less and allow for a smoother idle.

So my opinion on it:

the real difference is in the High pressure system, you might see a difference or might not. but if you are looking at the graft from RR, it does equalize the both head so with less spike in each head, pretty sure that it will help prevent injector wear.

Reactions: Huntin_Diesel

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
I have the stainless HPX also the Fuel Crossover and the Fuel Check Valve Delete Fittings, didn't help enough to make it worth it. The Fuel CVD fittings were a real pia to change I might add. My truck still sound just as bad as it ever has. I even replaced the LL#8 with an AD Injector, still knocks like crazy. I have just learned to live with it or I could spend $75K on a new 6.7. :laugh2:
Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the stainless HPX also the Fuel Crossover and the Fuel Check Valve Delete Fittings, didn't help enough to make it worth it. The Fuel CVD fittings were a real pia to change I might add. My truck still sound just as bad as it ever has. I even replaced the LL#8 with an AD Injector, still knocks like crazy. I have just learned to live with it or I could spend $75K on a new 6.7. :laugh2:
Bill
It's a 7.3 mod, it's not for the 6.7! And it's not going to fix a knock in your engine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts