The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty; 1996 Ford Ranger
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating whether to purchase a 2010 Ford F-350 Super Duty SC LB DRW with a 6.4 Power Stroke mated to a ZF6 (manual transmission) and BW manual-transfer case in XL trim; it is a no-frills, work truck with a flat bed that was formerly part of a fleet operation. The truck contains a manual of service records, albeit it is not inspected and the odometer presently reads 220k miles with the owner asking for $8,500. What are your overall opinions and general consensus toward the truck?

·
Registered
583 Posts
No one can make this decision for you. Without looking at a truck in person you and only you can make this decision Sorry

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Many Ford diesel technicians including myself regard the 6.4L the worst Power Stroke. It has several design/part flaws most of which are expensive to repair due to the parts required and the fact that repairs are often labor intensive. That is my opinion based on extensive first hand experience.

Reactions: jetboatrich

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
My overall opinion and general consensus toward the truck is do not buy it. My reason is because the 6.4l trucks had lots of problems that were very expensive to fix and did not last very long.

I am sending you a list of four trucks that you might possibly consider. All of them have the 7.3l diesel engine, which has been much more reliable than the 6.4 l.

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty for Sale in Wind Gap, PA - CarGurus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts