The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the diesel world I am wondering if there is such a thing as a stock 500k, mile 6.7 out there? With all the emmisions crap out there, from what I have read its hurting the diesels. Has ford made a reliable modern age 7.3 again called the 6.7L

thanks for the help

Dave

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Ford didn't make the 7.3, or the 6.0 or 6.4, international (Navistar) did.

·
Super Moderator
24,890 Posts
sorry very true did ford fix what Navistar messed up or not?
HA! Ford invented their own set of problems. :icon_rolleyes:

Or more correctly, inherited them from the EPA.

·
Registered
758 Posts
So, now that we got all that out of the way, this is an interesting question. I have heard of a couple getting in the 250K+ range. Any higher than that??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the mileage. are those still running or was that the mileage they needed to get extensive work done?

thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
I talked to a wrecker driver that said they had trucks with nearly 400K on them and no engine problems. They had been deleted early on and a lot of people think that adds to the longevity.

·
Registered
758 Posts
thank you for the mileage. are those still running or was that the mileage they needed to get extensive work done?

thanks
I don't really remember for sure. I know they still had them, but I don't remember of they did any minor or major work on them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't think the emissions systems on our trucks cause engine failures it's the lack of maintenance that does it. People never lift the hood to inspect anything.They let dirt build up on the motor and wonder why something is broke. I dust off my motor every time I wash my truck. I inspect everything I can see to make sure it looks good. My truck has been reliable so far. I only have 60,000 miles but have towed my 13,000# 5th wheel 30,000 of those miles.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts