The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a dealer see if I've been at another dealer and how much was offered on a trade,new truck,fianceing,etc.? Is there a main data base they can access with the info?

Just wondering what goes on behind the desk.. while your waiting or talking.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I don't think so. Maybe Carmax can do that but I don't think independent dealers do.
Now answer this: is there a website where Joe Blow can search nationwide for any leftover 2007 Super Duties? Because they're getting hard to find locally.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Dealers are not going to share that kind of info with other dealers. They are all independant businesses competing with each other. That would be like the Green Bay Packers giving the Cowboys a copy of their playbook. Ain't gonna happen!

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Now answer this: is there a website where Joe Blow can search nationwide for any leftover 2007 Super Duties?

[/ QUOTE ]

None that I know of. But there is one that any qualified Ford dealerperson can access.

So the answer seems obvious: Hook up with a good experienced Ford dealerperson and put him to work. If you don't know any, I can name 4 off the top of my head: Bobby Williams near LA, Cochise Willis near Houston, and my nephew Vance Lane in Odessa (those 3 are all fleet managers at big dealerships). Plus the dealer himself, Danny Ireton at my local itty bitty Ford house in Stanton. If you would like contact info for any of those guys, holler back.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Thanks Smokey. Nothing serious, I'm just kickin' tires. Now that I think about it, I have Cochise's contact info.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering what goes on behind the desk.. while your waiting or talking.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen Fargo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny...I saw it twice..good movie but can't remember that part..If I was to guess he wasn't doing anything..

Now ya got me going to the store to rent it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

I think my two dealers around here seem like that to me now. A big joke. I can't seem to get them to give a firm price or call me back. I'm not good at handleing them I think..There too sharp...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts