The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh, i'm so happy being that it is the day after Thanksgiving and i find out that my truck built a whole week early in comparrison to the weekly printout that the dealer gets (i checked it wednsday it still said next week),it built wendsday. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (need 10x dancing banannas here)

More to follow.....

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Watch those hubs when you get it if you have to drive a ways home, mine came off the truck with the hubs locked. Seems they get confused with the auto hubs.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol... dont they see the word 'FREE' :p

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Both of mine were locked when they took it off the transport. The guy doing the PDI I think did not know what he was doing, said he had trouble getting 4wd to engage, yet when I slow down to 5mph it engages smoothe as butter. I think he was either going too fast, or it was not engaging since the hubs were disconnected. It sounds like he forced it though from his discription...ugh

Make sure they give you your TPMS fob too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wickedsprint</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure they give you your TPMS fob too. </div></div>

No fob here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif . Guess my dealer gets a phone call Monday morning. From what I've read, the thing ought to have been in with the manual package, correct? Are many of my fellow Job 2'ers missing these things?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtptuc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wickedsprint</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure they give you your TPMS fob too. </div></div>

No fob here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif . Guess my dealer gets a phone call Monday morning. From what I've read, the thing ought to have been in with the manual package, correct? Are many of my fellow Job 2'ers missing these things? </div></div>haha... back on the day i ordered my truck the guy that was doing a PDI walked up to my salesman and asked what that white thing with a button was.... he didnt know but i did and told him it stays with the truck it's for resetting the TPMS wheel position/ pressure..... lol dosn't ford tell the dealers what the new stuff is? Upon returning to his desk he told me the svc. manager had a box of them in his office they as yet didn't know what they were. They do now. (that was back in early september)

I'll make shure i get the winter front also... i'm in one of the states that gets the block heater stock and suposedly that also.... though wont need it i dont think....but we do get up into canada here and there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What is a TPMS?
Best, Buck

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two more days and they say it will be at the dealer /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HELL Yeah! its here just called the dealer to see if the wire transfer went through!!!!(banker sent it instead of waiting till i told him to do it!) and he said let me warm up a bit 3 carriers just pulled out oh....and by the way your truck is here!! it's 1333 here better have it preped by 1500 i'll be there!

NEED TWENTY DANCING BANANNAS HERE!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well im back! and I'm in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picked it up friday! and couldnt put it to bed friday till 4am then awoke and didnt put it away till 4am having too much fun in the snow :p and had 4h sleeep and just got back from driving round all day and going nowhere.

PIC
PIC
PIC
mmmhmmm
PIC
PIC
pic
pIC
More to follow...
and off to the man thease things stink thread...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sweet! That black looks sharp. You sure waited long enough, but it was worth it like we all knew it would!

What's with the little stickers on the tailgate, some rude free advertising from your dealer? I made sure mine knew anything besides a license plate frame was off limits, and even asked them to remove the 4x4 offroad sticker. That stuff just seems to cheapen an otherwise beautiful paintjob.

BTW, thanks for the Ravelco idea over on that alarm thread. I had one installed in both my SD and the wife's minivan a few days ago. The installer did a hell of a nice clean job. Thanks again.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtptuc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet! That black looks sharp. You sure waited long enough, but it was worth it like we all knew it would!

What's with the little stickers on the tailgate, some rude free advertising from your dealer? I made sure mine knew anything besides a license plate frame was off limits, and even asked them to remove the 4x4 offroad sticker. That stuff just seems to cheapen an otherwise beautiful paintjob.

BTW, thanks for the Ravelco idea over on that alarm thread. I had one installed in both my SD and the wife's minivan a few days ago. The installer did a hell of a nice clean job. Thanks again. </div></div>np
where did they place the actual plug? im thinking below the headlight switch on the lower panel.

heh yeah! and i said no dealer stickers!the licens plate surround is enough...

I thought this was funny... the dealer is taking the licens plate application and walking it into the DMV and will have plates for me early next week... instead of mailing it off and i'd have to wait a month or more. is that not service?

and yeah the wait was worth it....but that was just too damned long...............

Now the shopping begins... need real hydralic bottle jack (Northern/HarboutFreight)
VentShades (discovered that water comming off the roof comes rite around and through the window soaking my leg and the window switches..Not good)

B&W turnover ball
line-x bedlliner (bed mat for now)
strobe
BOSS v-blade plow 8'2" maybe 9'2"
window tint
maybe a usa flag/tint on the rear window

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wickedsprint</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After all those engine shots and you still can't tell it's a V8...haha...truck looks great though, I like the black. </div></div>haha yeah im holding a contest if i get to the bar b4 dark to see if anyone can find the engine....
i'll crawl under when it's dry outside and get a few pics

·
Registered
36 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where did they place the actual plug? im thinking below the headlight switch on the lower panel.</div></div>
Exactamundo. He did a beautiful job with the wiring too; it looks factory in that engine compartment, and impossible to tell what was added.

Shopping, ahhh yes!

I got mine Line-X'd last week. Man does that look stuff look sharp. It's gonna be a sad day when the bed loses its virginity for a load of concrete block or something to scuff up that liner!

I also want to (maybe) get some sort of chrome rail caps/bars, as I can't stand the way the desert sun bakes that plastic and makes it look all oxidized and nasty. The problem is my gate has the step, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to find any aftermarket tailgate caps; so the plastic may have to stay :(.

For a ball, you might look at Rapid Hitch. They sure are are meaty and versatile -- and look like they belong on a truck of our caliber!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Congrats! That's a beautiful truck!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NCfarmboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats! That's a beautiful truck!! </div></div>thnx man!

hmmm. as far as a ballmount i have a few laying round probably use the 2"/slide-in pintle. for now for the bobcat trailer and adjust the trailer hitch hight but i plan on switching up to a small gooseneck trailer and not have to worry about weight in the future. 1-2 trucks/jeeps hauled to the trail and a pile of parts on the way home.

Anyways... the truck is awsome... the other day i coasted out infront of someone that was going much faster than i had thought oops! punhced it and it squatted and jumped off the ground and it shot like a bat outta hell /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif then i looked down at the speedo and coasted back to 35

1 - 20 of 30 Posts