The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I havent had occasion to put in a full tank it yet so who knows but the Lie-o-Meter is saying 10.6 mpg and i got about 410 miles outta the 38 gal tank(gas gauge said i still had about 1/16th of a tank but the Lie-o-Meter said 0 miles left /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif ) with the front axel locked in, half with the T-case locked in. Half highway/city. Today with the axel unlocked the Lie-o-Meter was saying 12.2 mpg. so without filling it up to see what i actualy burned who knows.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Mike. First, I saw your pics. Nice truck! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif Be careful this time of year pressing warm lips to cold steel. Aside from the embarrassment of someone finding you in this compromised position, it may hurt a bit when you pull off. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Anyway, onward. I see you also ordered the all-weather floor mats. Had 'em in my last truck and they were sturdy as all get-out. I bought my last truck from dealer inventory, so I don't know if you're suppose to also receive your original carpeted "Sunday go-to-meeting" mats. Did Ford give you both sets of mats?

·
Registered
944 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1-2 trucks/jeeps hauled to the trail and a pile of parts on the way home. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Seems no one else picked up on that one, Loft.

'Course, if you ran LandCruisers instead of Heeps you'd eliminate that problematic partspile for the return trip. Have I seen you on Pirate? I'm on the 'Cruiser forum; only lurk on Pirate. Im looking at a 30' Gooser to ferry two rigs, also.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaska Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1-2 trucks/jeeps hauled to the trail and a pile of parts on the way home. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Seems no one else picked up on that one, Loft.

'Course, if you ran LandCruisers instead of Heeps you'd eliminate that problematic partspile for the return trip. Have I seen you on Pirate? I'm on the 'Cruiser forum; only lurk on Pirate. Im looking at a 30' Gooser to ferry two rigs, also.

</div></div>noop not on pirate but have read there a bit.:p
JEEP just extra expensive parts....not mine, i have that '79.5 K5 Blazer kinda hard to break.but if it dose any monkey can fix it...theres all broke they learned on the job.

Well i just had my first Regen as i pulled into the drive and i had my first occasion to go into 4x4-LOW stupid melting snow and idiot noighbor plowing my drive in...4' high mound...he'll get his... Buh back to the Regen it started with the data center saying that it was starting, the odometer said 628.6 miles and 11.4 MPG (LOM) at the beginning and 10.6MPG (LOM) at the end ... I waited it out and it took 45 minutes, starting it smelled like burning kerosene and at the end it smelled like burning T-shirt. That being said, it itself smelled like the clasic self cleaning oven , the t-shirt thing was a t-shirt in the snow bank that i melted, it had been 6'high and about 12' wide x 3' deep now it has a 3' hole in the middle of it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OlForder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Did Ford give you both sets of mats? </div></div>
Nope....kinda sux... thought they might...but if i had to do it again i'd skip the all weather mats and take the church on sunday mats and go and buy a set of Husky liners they rock! the high wall moulded ones, and buy the middle one also.

Man i stink like kerosene... WARNING don't stand in regen exhaust...it's warm and all but that kerosene smell sucks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]
Nope....kinda sux... thought they might...but if i had to do it again i'd skip the all weather mats and take the church on sunday mats and go and buy a set of Husky liners they rock! the high wall moulded ones, and buy the middle one also.
</div></div>

I just bought some Weathertech floor liners. I had the husky's in my old truck but I like these alot more. They fit perfectly.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crodad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body"></div></div>
</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I just bought some Weathertech floor liners. I had the husky's in my old truck but I like these alot more. They fit perfectly. </div></div>
Hmmm i think i'm liking thoes... and they drain out the door /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
I so need this snow to go away so that i can clean out the floor and get some real liners... though some times i think they just need a drain plug in the floor :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and they drain out the door /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</div></div>

Do they REALLY drain out the door, or do they fill the door sill up with water???

-Chris

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NJF350SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and they drain out the door /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</div></div>

Do they REALLY drain out the door, or do they fill the door sill up with water???

-Chris </div></div>they would when you open the door :p
With as many trucks that i have seen that have had clogged rear drains and rusted out rockers/rear corners i'll try something diffrent. (though there 10yr + old)

Tthough i've always wanted to just see nice mats like this and let them drain directly out the bottom... like jeep now added a drain plug for hosing out the mud.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well yesterday after waiting 5.5 weeks the dealer finnaly called me for the 3rd time that the cupholder for the dashboard had arrived!
lol... twice b4 they ordered the part and it came with the rite part number on the wrong box. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Took about 20 min to install and lol... the 2 screws i needed that the dealer didnt have in stock to install it with the full factory look were already installed in the holes in the dash. lol free screws..

This thing gets great millage on the highway! but in the city it's scarry 17.5hwy, 8 ideling alot/city, 12 city driving

21 - 30 of 30 Posts