The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son became a Midshipman at the Naval Academy today. Sworn in this afternoon in a ceremony that included a three jet fly over. The academy is a pretty impressive place, and the town of Annapolis is very nice. I could spend 4 years there easy. He is upbeat, tired but upbeat. We will not see him again until August.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
A big salute

And so his "great adventure" starts. You have to be very proud of him. Congrats. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
These sorta threads make me feel old.

Baby sister's son graduated from West Point long enough ago that he's up for O-5 real soon now, probably when he gets back from Iraq this time. He served one tour as a "rocket science" professsor at West Point, and will probably get his PhD then serve more time there. His advice for your son? Getting into the Academy is the easy part. Graduating is a little harder. ;) So congrats on getting in, but get ready to put your head down and get to work. :)

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
My son became a Midshipman at the Naval Academy today. Sworn in this afternoon in a ceremony that included a three jet fly over. The academy is a pretty impressive place, and the town of Annapolis is very nice. I could spend 4 years there easy. He is upbeat, tired but upbeat. We will not see him again until August.
Great to hear that Tut!
I was thinking of you yesterday when my son was talking about his friend up there.
Tell him good luck from us.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Congrats, you must be very proud.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I do not believe in luck so Congrats and GOD Speed!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I do not believe in luck so Congrats and GOD Speed!
Agreed; luck didn't get him there and luck certainly won't keep him there. It's years of hard work (and a good recommendation :wink2:) ; the service academies aren't well-known for accepting dummies. You should be proud as a pea****.

Good God, this editing software is ridiculous! Wait, can I say 'dic' in ridiculous?? How about, "You should be proud as a flamboyantly-colored avian of the pheasant family that mates with peahens."
There.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts