The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. 1st time diesel owner here. I recently purchased a '99 Ford F250 PSD 4x4 Lariat. I just needed a power plan to tow a 9k lb 5th wheel camper. I knew nothing about diesel engines so I'm sure the guy saw me coming. Any way. It neeeded a lot of work and I'm fairly hand so I dove right in.The 1st thingI learned was that the coolant reservoir was not an oil reservoir so the 1st repair was replacing oil coolant seals, oil change, complete coolant system flush including a new thermostat, Rear Brakes and rotors were next followed by new batteries. The Fuel Filter didn't even have the o-ring in place. Boy am I in for a ride. My plan is to do everything I can do maintenance wise to get it running smooth. The next projects will include HPOP seals and a fuel bowl rebuild. I'm also getting a p0272 during a CCT so I'll inspect injectors later but I can only handle 1 project at a time. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions so please bare with me.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Most of that stuff sounds like just maintenance issues. Once you get everything up to par I think you will find the these 7.3s are very dependable.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Just ask if you have any question on need any recommendation. Lots of people on here that will help you. welcome aboard.

BTW just before you do the mistake, because lots of people do, do not use power steering fluid for the power steering, these truck use ATF (transmission fluid)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts